$15 an hour
Full Job Description
-Part-Time Kitchen Cashier/Server
The Kitchen Cashier/Server will assist the Nutrition Services team by cashiering during the meal service, serving meals and stocking or restocking the serving line as needed. This position maintains positive inter-personal relationships with students, parents, peers, and community members and provides the best possible opportunities for student development and growth, both educationally and personally.
Reports to: Nutrition Services Director.
Direct Reports: This is a non-supervisory position.
This is a full-time, 10-month position. Compensation is $15.00 per hour. See a detailed outline of benefits and additional compensation at the bottom of the job description.
- Serves students breakfast, lunch, or snack in accordance with Federal Child Nutrition Program requirements.
- Collects money from students in the daily lunch and/or breakfast service using an electronic point-of-sale (POS) system.
- Ensures funds are accurately applied to student’s accounts in the POS system.
- Follows any special directions attached to student accounts, such as individual charging limits or special dietary requests.
- Balances cash register daily.
- Prepares and/or restocks food items before, during, and after meal service.
- Keeps accurate records, including but not limited to: production records, temperature logs, sanitation logs, daily cash reports, and deposits.
- Maintain confidentiality of students who receive free or reduced lunch.
- Follow all state and local health requirements regarding food safety when preparing and serving food.
- Carry out all written and oral instructions given by their direct supervisor and/or Nutrition Services Director.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward students receiving meals and display excellent customer service with all students and staff.
- Able to work with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to perform physical requirements of the job (see working conditions).
- Be present and engage in Pinnacle functions and organizations to build strong relationships with students, parents, peers, and the community.
- Maintain and deepen current educational learning on an ongoing basis.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General Abilities, Knowledge, Qualifications, and Skills:
- Experience working in food service.
- School food service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of National School Lunch Program requirements preferred.
- Experience using an electronic cash register, or point-of-sale (POS) system.
- Proficient in basic math and cash-handling skills.
- Knowledge of food safety requirements (state or local Health Department requirements).
- ServSafe or other equivalent food safety certification preferred but not required.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate while appreciating the diverse background of students, parents, peers, and the community.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- Commitment to mission and vision of the school.
- Creative and flexible in time of change.
- Demonstrated success as an innovator of creative solutions at work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills (conflict management and resolution).
- Excellent organization skills.
- Experience with second language learners.
- Growth-oriented approach; always looking for ways to improve professionally.
- Professional appearance, attitude, and demeanor.
Exposure/Noise Level: Occasional exposure to airborne particles, fumes, and outdoor weather conditions. Normal school environment with moderate to high noise level.
Mental Functions: Analyze, collaboration, communicate, compare, compilation of data, compute, coordinate, copy, direct, evaluate, instruct, interpersonal skills, present, report, synthesize.
Physical Activities: O?ce environment including computer interface. Bend, reach, sit, stand, stoop, talk, walk, and heavy person-to-person interaction with students, parents, peers, and community members.
Weight and Force Demands: Moderate physical activity (lifting, pulling, and pushing up to 25 pounds).
Other: May be required to work outside of normal working hours and travel for work related functions.
Note: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, during the 2021-2022 school year, school staff are critical employees and are expected to perform work on campus as required.
Why work for Pinnacle?
As a member of the Pinnacle PACK, you will have the opportunity to be influential every day and make an impact in the in the lives of our students and our larger community! Our team and school community are diverse and we embrace that diversity as an encouraging, friendly, open, and supportive team and school. We invest in our team members by providing a balanced, growth-oriented, and supportive work environment, while helping you achieve your career goals within and beyond Pinnacle. Additionally, we offer a robust, comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance and AD&D plans (100% employer paid for the employee)!
- Participation in the Colorado Public Schools Retirement System PERA (click HERE to learn more)!
- PERA 401K, 403B, and Roth IRA retirement options!
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) to include Healthcare and Dependent Care!
- Voluntary life insurance for employees and dependents!
- Short and Long Term Disability!
- AFLAC add-ons to include accident, critical illness, and hospital plans!
- Employee Assistance Program with up to four free counseling sessions!
If you want to be part of a caring, supportive community and make a difference as part of the Pinnacle PACK, apply now!
Pinnacle Charter School has served the community for more than 20 years. Authorized by the Colorado Charter School Institute, the Pinnacle is a Title I K-12 school supporting more than 2,000 students in achieving excellence in all aspects of their lives. The K-8 building is located at 1001 West 84th Avenue, Federal Heights, CO. The high school is located at 8412 Huron Street, Thornton, CO. For more information visit https://www.pinnaclecharterschool.org/.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a drug free work environment. We participate in E-Verify as part of our onboarding process.
Job Contact Information
Posted 30+ days ago