SUMMARY: Process accounts payable, monthly compliance, payroll and other accounting items within the department
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains accounting department files and records.
• Enters information into accounting data entry system.
• Circulates invoices to managers for approval.
• Reviews invoices for accuracy and inputs A/P invoices into AMS for future payment.
• Prepare inventory invoices, matching cost on invoice to cost in AMS.
• Responsible for researching invoice problems, interfacing with vendors, customer service team, and other appropriate staff to reconcile.
• Run A/P aging report weekly for invoices to be paid. Prepares checks and matches to invoices attaining signatures on checks and mailing in a timely fashion. Making copies of asset invoices, wine cost invoices. File all paid invoices.
• Responsible for setting up spreadsheets for expenses and payments.
• Responsible for reviewing, receiving approval on and processing expense reports for reimbursements.
• Prints A/P distribution list, making any corrections on a monthly basis. (To complete month end close)
• Responsible for verifying vendor & distributor statements against AMS invoices on a monthly basis.
• Assists with month-end close and runs monthly reports as required.
• Prepares deposits, photocopying checks.
• Responsible for setting up new vendors in AMS system.
• Logs, posts, and balances petty cash.
• Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, typing and mailing.
• Prepares annual 1099s as needed.
• Responsible for ordering office supplies.
• Assists with special accounting projects as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Prepare CSV files monthly for upload of compliance information to website for reporting Wholesale and Direct to Consumer sales.
• Prepare reports and pay excise taxes and sales taxes either online or via check.
• Quarterly filing of compliance reports such as California Sales Tax, California Excise tax and other states that require quarterly filing.
• Annual filing of Sales and Excise taxes in January for specific states that require this form of reporting.
• Renew Wholesale and Direct to Consumer shipping licenses.
• Prepare and file monthly TTB Excise Tax and 702 Report.
• Review out of state sales tax in the GL and reconcile.
• Update internal spreadsheet for shipping information
• Enter new employees in payroll system and online timecard system.
• Make sure that supervisors are approving timecards
• Prepare payroll through ADP on a bi-weekly basis, commissions entered on a monthly basis.
• Balance payroll numbers in spreadsheet to maintain accurate payroll and prepare GL entries.
• Ensure W-2’s are mailed out in a timely manner each January.
• Prepare Workers Comp GL entry
• Distribute payroll checks.
• Help to prepare monthly KPI’s in order to calculate commissions.
• Prepare and report monthly US Dept. of Labor information.
• Some College Accounting courses, One-year certificate from college or technical school or five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, write and perform non-routine mathematical/accounting operations.
• Accurately keystroke a minimum of 40 wpm.
• 10-key by touch.
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts.
• Proficient on Microsoft Excel, Word; AMS
• Acute attention to detail.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Sit for prolonged periods.
• Calculate figures and amounts.
• The work time is divided amongst sitting at a desk working with a phone and computer. Exposed to variety of temperatures and climates.