Full Job Description
We are turning up the volume in Music City and we want you to join our playlist! This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic pre-opening team with Four Seasons Hotel Nashville set to open mid-2022.
The new Four Seasons Hotel Nashville seeks an Assistant Housekeeping Manager to join our talented pre-opening team! Don’t miss this unique opportunity to be part of the world’s leading luxury hotel company!
We are looking for an Assistant Housekeeping Manager with an eye for detail and a passion for people. The Assistant Housekeeping Manager will be responsible for covering shifts, doing administrative tasks, conducting interviews, administering reviews and performance documentation. This position will be interacting with guests as well as with employees and must be comfortable with either group. The Assistant Housekeeping Manager will also assist in purchasing goods and maintaining adequate par levels. This person will have strong leadership, interpersonal and analytical skills is able to prioritize and adapt to the changing needs of the operation, and can evidence having a solid work ethic, good business acumen and a passion for service. Prior experience in a mixed-use residential hotel is preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists the Director of Housekeeping in motivating and developing a skilled team, leads by example and instills a culture of continuous learning and improvement among employees; actively participates in Employee Relations activities and programs
- Schedules work to be done daily, collects room and floor status sheets for assigned work areas
- Monitors each Room Attendant’s daily progress and inspects completed rooms to assure that all standards have been met; When standards have been missed, brings employee back to room and coaches the employee on how to correct the deficiency
- Coordinates work orders in assigned section and follows up to be sure work is completed. Releases checkout rooms to be sold
- Is actively involved in identifying and assessing the needs of employees and helps in the career development of every employee through effective coaching, training and by instilling company values; is concerned for employees’ continuous development and personal growth
- Ensures the department is kept in an organized manner in accordance with company philosophy and policies, maximizing efficiency and productivity and achieving established goals; promotes harmony between all departments
- Displays warmth, care and genuine enthusiasm when dealing with guests and internal customers; lives the Golden Rule
- Demonstrates standards awareness, by setting example for standards execution, standards testing and implementing action plans to achieve established product and service goals
- Assists the Department Head in preparing annual plans, forecasts and managing expenses to meet departmental budgetary goals
- Maintains an organized administration of departmental and personnel records, including rostering and leave planning
- Ensures employees adhere to the code of conduct and grooming & hygiene standards as specified in the employee handbook
- Conducts daily briefing and monthly departmental meeting and participates in meetings when invited
- Provides regular and fair performance feedback to employees and immediate supervisor, formally and informally as appropriate
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Applicants are required to have at least two years’ experience in a supervisory role within the Rooms division. Luxury Experience in Housekeeping and Hospitality desired.
- College degree preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organization skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally in English.
- Knowledge and ability to operate various electronic systems.
- Service Passion for Luxury Hospitality
- Requires attention to detail and problem-solving skills
About Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences Nashville
Nashville, a city of rich culture & home to Southern hospitality. Superb residences set high above the downtown buzz with far-reaching views of the Cumberland River and city skyline. 40 stories high, with 235 keys (42 suites) and 143 residence units the property is located in the upmarket neighborhood of SoBro where floor to ceiling windows provide unobstructed downtown panoramic views. The hotel will feature 19,200 sq ft of meeting space, a Mediterranean restaurant, a luxury spa, and an outdoor pool deck.
Currently operating 120 hotels and resorts, and 45 residential properties in major city centers and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects under planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world’s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride, and satisfaction in what we do.
What to Expect
- Dynamic Employee Culture where you are encouraged to be your true self!
- Inclusive and diverse employee engagement events all year-round
- Competitive wages and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, and 401k Retirement Plan) as well as Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Sick Pay, Disability Coverage and Life Insurance
- Exclusive discount and travel programs with Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complementary Uniforms and uniform care
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- Comprehensive learning and development programs to help you master your craft.
- And so much more!
Authorization to work in the United States is required unless the candidate is currently in a managerial role with another Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for an L-1 visa sponsorship.
FOUR SEASONS HOTELS & RESORTS
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
Posted 30+ days ago