$20 – $26 an hour
Full Job Description
Assistant Kitchen Supervisor
Thank you for taking the time to apply to the Assistant Kitchen Supervisor job at our company! As the Assistant Kitchen Supervisor, each day you will be focused on excellence. You will bring the dining experience to life by greeting customers and directing kitchen production each day to make the highest quality food that leaves our guest with a positive dining experience. You and your team are front and center in our open kitchens where you have a direct impact on the guest experience.
We look forward to talking with you about this opportunity, and what you can bring to the team!
- Supervise and coach back-of-house team members.
- Maintain a friendly and courteous demeanor when helping guests and receiving feedback.
- Purchase food and supplies to meet daily production needs.
- Maintain records and complete reports as required including web-based reports on both desktop and tablet computers.
- Provide leadership, support, and guidance to team members.
- Recruit and interview new kitchen team members.
- Train kitchen staff in all stations based on needs and maintain a highly productive team.
- Obtain skills and knowledge for basic equipment maintenance on kitchen appliances.
- Resolve a variety of issues as they occur including, but not limited to team member training gaps (using side-by-side coaching and our learning management system), handling unsatisfied guests, and ensuring the shop has accurate inventory levels.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years of restaurant experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Must have (or be willing to obtain) a valid food handler’s permit.
- Ability to be vigilant and attentive to the needs of customers.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyze reports on food cost, labor and sanitation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to train and support team member growth.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to withstand temperature extremes and exposure to cleaning chemicals, smoke, fumes and airborne particles.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- 18+ years of age
We are an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants. We do not discriminate against qualified individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Posted 30+ days ago