Full Job Description
- At least 3 years of progressive Banquet Kitchen experience in a hotel or a related field.
- Must be computer proficient in Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approaches all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintains regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Complies at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintains a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Assists in maintaining food costs within budget guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains a file of recipe cards according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Motivates coaches counsels and disciplines all Kitchen personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.’s.
- Provides training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Assists with all Kitchen interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.’s.
- Ensures implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and all house rules.
- Prepares implements and maintains a record of food specifications.
- Oversees all Banquet Outlets and Cafeteria kitchen work areas including cooks and stewards as applicable.
- Maintains a clean kitchen by implementing and maintaining a standard of ‘Clean as You Go.’
- Maintains proper record keeping (receiving tickets invoices and transfer logs) according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Supervises staff in all food preparation including proper receiving and storage of all food and food-related items.
- Completes all paperwork required by Aimbridge Hospitality on a timely basis.
- Assists in the development /adhere to kitchen budget according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Participates in and oversee monthly food inventories.
- Creates Banquet Menus and Food Presentation for plaiting and buffets.
- Ensures training of all Banquet Outlets and Cafeteria Kitchen personnel as applicable.
- Trains all kitchen staff to Aimbridge Hospitality standards using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintains a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Ensures that Kitchen employees are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to guests all other employees and managers.
- Maintains follow through for all guest requests and complaints presented to the kitchen.
- Develops production schedule for work assignments.
- Attends BEO meetings and any other functions as required by management.
- Plans employee menus and oversee Employee Cafeteria room.
- Oversees all banquet food display merchandising including prop use and buffet decoration.
- Maintains an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases vouchering schedules forecasts reports and tracking logs.
- Maintains required pars of all stock.
- Performs any other duties as requested by the Executive Chef and General Manager.
Slip away to The Estate Yountville, a vibrant and lush oasis situated amidst 22 acres of coveted wine country addresses, offering an alluring collection of fashionable experiences. Just steps from the front door, revel in wining, dining and playful adventures at award-winning tasting rooms, celebrated chef restaurants, and extraordinary – impeccably Napa – experiences.
A mix of contemporary architecture and playful allure, The Estate Yountville enlivens the Yountville landscape, offering a vibrant gathering place for savvy travelers to discover, play and rejuvenate. Tour our image gallery and peek behind the vines to discover our lush oasis in the heart of Napa Valley.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan