Full Job Description
Serve food and beverage items to guests in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional, and timely manner. Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages according to State laws.
- Setup banquet functions
- Serve food and beverage items
- Greet guests and familiarize them with the food and beverage menu
- Act as the point of contact between the guest and bar and kitchen staff
- May be required to present food and beverage options, take orders, make recommendations, and answer questions regarding the food and beverage
- Make recommendations on wine selection with meals
- May require preparation of specialty food and beverage items at the table of the patrons
- Clean up post function
- Clear tables and return all equipment to their respective areas
- Retrieve all reusable food items and place them on a separate queen, as provided
- Ensure service corridor safety by transporting all equipment in the proper manner
- Be responsible for handling of all equipment and linens
- Ensure that all spills and breakage are attended to immediately
- Gather all equipment necessary to service a function and maintain a clear and immaculate service corridor
- Responsible for the proper handling of all equipment, i.e., china, glassware, silverware, linen, props and cleaning, ensuring proper storage after use
- May be responsible for informing Chef of head count as soon after seating as possible
- May need to recommend proper maintenance and repair to the Director of Engineering and ensure the proper housekeeping of all function space
- Report to your supervisor any issues that come to your attention affecting a function, the F&B department, or the Hotel
- Work safely, be aware of your surroundings at all times
- Any other reasonable job duty of which you are asked to do relating to the service of hotel guests
- May have to present bill to the patron and handle payment transaction
Regular attendance in compliance with the Hotel’s standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the Hotel’s rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must be able to successfully complete T.I.P.S training for alcohol service awareness.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to work in a busy environment.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Position at times may need to wear a radio and earpiece.
High school or equivalent education preferred.
One year food service or related experience required. Customer service experience preferred.
Posted 30+ days ago