$14 – $16 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Related Title: Food Server
Reports to: Banquet Captain, Catering Manager, Manager on Duty
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- The ability to read, write and execute basic math skills.
- Prior banquet or wait service experience is preferred.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Knowledge of all menu and beverage items being served.
- Wine list knowledge.
- Assures that all state and local laws and club policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
- Ability to execute various service types (buffet, plated, family style).
Job Tasks and Duties
- Provides prompt and courteous service to members and guests.
- Effectively serves food and beverage in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Ensures that all side work and sufficient setups are accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Continuously focused on member’s needs.
- Pours and refills wine, water, coffee, and other beverages served with and after meals.
- Clears and cleans tables between courses.
- Assists in closing functions such as removing linen, glasses, dishes, silverware, and resetting rooms for upcoming functions.
- Cleans all assigned work areas in the kitchen and server stations.
- Advises supervisor of any member or guest complaints as soon as they occur.
- Consistently follows al food safety related requirements.
- Works well as a team member with entire banquet staff.
- Completes other appropriate assignments made by the banquet captain, catering manager, or manager on duty.
- Attends staff meetings including pre-service (line-up) sessions.
Licenses, Special Requirements, Qualifications
- Food safety certification.
- BASSET certification.
- Of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
- Push, pull or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
- Work in hot, humid, and noisy environment
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
North Shore Country Club is following state mandates and requirements for COVID-19 precautions.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Glenview, IL 60025: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- This position requires some weekend availability. Are you able to work weekends?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
On-going need to fill this role
Employer reviewed job 6 days ago
Posted 30+ days ago