Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $24.6K – $31.2K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Full Job Description
The Banquet Server performs all tasks associated with setting up, serving, and breaking down of function rooms where banquet food service activities are performed. He/She is responsible for the prompt, courteous, smooth and efficient service of food and beverage to guests during banquet and outdoor functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with table and banquet hall prep before the event.
- Assist with food/buffet preparation before and during the event.
- Ensure safe food handling guidelines are followed by self and team members.
- Arrange food on serving trays in an aesthetic manner.
- Deliver food from the kitchen and/or prep area to the banquet hall in a timely manner.
- Serve appetizers and plated dinners to guests.
- Open wine, take drink orders.
- Serve both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Refill water glasses.
- Take customer questions and/or requests, assist in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Assist with post-event clean up, inventory, food storage, and breakdown.
- Work as a member of a team, communicate with team members and supervisors to ensure efficient work ethic and overall guest satisfaction.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- 6 months of previous banquet server experience a plus (Hospitality industry preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Energetic, motivated personality.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
This position requires WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS and a FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE!
Benefits we provide to our AMAZING Team Members include:
- Paid Time Off
- Supplemental benefits
- Hotel discounts
- Free lunch
- Much more!!!!
About the Company:
The Wurzak Hotel Group (“WHG”) is a Philadelphia based, vertically integrated owner, developer and operator of premium branded full service, extended stay and focus service hotels. WHG gains its competitive advantage by developing talent within the organization that embody the same entrepreneurial spirit of our leadership team and who seeks to create value through tireless innovation and a tight focus on the operational details.
Posted 27 days ago