Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $23.2K – $29.4K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Richmond, VA.
This is a highly visible and key role responsible for the successful set-up, service, and tear down of all Banquet events to include coffee breaks, 3-meal dining, and bar operations. This person is responsible for assisting the Banquet Captain in the successful ownership and operational execution of Banquet Functions and duties.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations.
- Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Attends work on time as scheduled and adheres to attendance policy.
- The primary responsibility of the Banquet Server is to provide the highest quality of service at all times to guests.
- Must be able to read a BEO and know how to complete a setup.
- Sets tables in assigned area (or checks to see that they have been set) correctly and uniformly, using: clean, pressed linen (without rips, stains or tears); clean unspotted silverware, clean china with no chips or cracks; clean unspotted glassware. Properly cleans and fills table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, bread baskets etc)
- Knows the menu for each function served and is able to knowledgeably explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Keeps station neat and clean during service. Constantly patrols assigned station, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures. Checks on the Guest.
- Serves food, coffee, water and other beverages to customers, refills beverages as needed.
- Receives customer order for any food or beverage that varies from the set menu.
- Refers complaints on food to service to the Banquet Manager.
- Performs all opening and closing side duties assigned. Cleans function room and back of house areas during and after banquet functions.
- Returns all reusable table complements and condiments to be cleaned and refilled.
- Assists the Captain in breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Sets up, serves and breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions, as assigned, following standard policies and procedures.
- Assists Captain in setting up buffet and other special food services tables/stations.
- Greets and serves guests, following guidelines for “Aggressive Hospitality” and all other details of our policies and procedures regarding the service of food and beverage.
- Follows all guest check and money-handling procedures when serving a la carte and beverage orders.
- Minimum of 19 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
- Knowledge of various food-service styles (plated, buffet, French, Russian, Table-Side, Butler Service)
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with Guests, Management, Staff and co-workers to their understanding
- Ability to provide legible, written communication
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of effective office organizational practices
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Previous banquet experience, preferably in a four-diamond property.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Complimentary and Discounted Rooms
Location Code: 2590
Posted 30+ days ago