From $10 an hour
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Shep’s Delicatessen, open now in East Nashville, is now hiring Baristas / Cashiers to join our team! Shep’s is an ode to traditional NYC-style delicatessens, open for breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch, and dinner.
Barista/Cashier Job Responsibilities:
- Provide a warm welcome and courteous, prompt service to our guests.
- Be a menu expert, educating customers on our drinks menu, making recommendations based on their preferences, up-selling special items and taking orders.
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios)
- Serve beverages and prepared food
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
- Prepare all menu items to standard, serving quality beverages and dishes to our guests.
- Ensure correct menu items are delivered timely to guests.
- Ability to communicate guest requests and effectively handle guest needs.
- Help to maintain a clean and presentable work environment, cleaning and restocking work and dining areas.
- Maintain a positive, outgoing demeanor during service, with guests and co-workers.
- Be safety conscious to promote the safety of one’s self, co-workers and guests at all times.
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs.
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items.
- Adhere to company policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Barista/Cashier Job Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a barista, line-server, or cashier
- Hands on experience with brewing experience preferred.
- Prior experience requiring excellent customer service, service recovery and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing the needs of guests
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers throughout the restaurant
- Possess a passion for hospitality and exceeding guest expectations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead, and twisting. Must be able to stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regard to race, sex, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
Hiring 3 candidates for this role
Employer reviewed job 21 days ago
Posted 30+ days ago