$16.00 – $17.63 an hour
Full Job Description
To ensure customers have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality customer service. Bartender/Servers work in the front of the business serving customers, taking orders, presenting food and drinks, and removing dinnerware from the table in a timely manner. Bartender/Servers should maintain flexibility in assuming other roles within the restaurant such as host, run food and beverages and bus, as needed. They work closely with other wait staff, kitchen, and management to ensure the restaurant is operated efficiently. On the job training will be provided and servers must pass a test on the food and beverage menus before working independently. Adhere to all local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as CJE SeniorLife standards and Illinois Liquor Commission. Must be BASSET Certified
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accept food order, communicate to kitchen, and deliver food and beverage to residents and/or guests in a timely manner in accordance with Company policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure resident/guest satisfaction by responding quickly to needs and requests.
- Dispense drinks including cocktails and mocktails in accordance with the standard recipe
- Ensures high standard of sanitation and personal hygiene in the work area.
- Check and overseas the wines storage, conditions, stock levels at the bar, pantry and storage room.
- Ensure security of beverage stock in bars by observing control and inventory procedures.
- Ensure cleanliness of various bar areas
- Clean the bar and prepares garnishes including other bar mise en place
- Ensure all beverage glassware are clean and polished
- Maintains cleanliness of the Bistro/Bar that table appointment including table arrangements keeping them impeccable
- Consistently review standard recipes and operating procedures
- Constantly man his/her area and make conscious efforts to ensure that the Bistro/Bar is always ready to serve incoming guest and that no guest are left unattended
- Ensure that all guest orders and related requests are carried out
- In the absence of guest, maximize his/her work shift by consciously staying busy, finding activities that help maintain the standard of the bar, ensure guest satisfaction and help upkeep the hygiene and general ambiance of the Bistro/Bar
- Complete assigned side work and checks out with Manager at completion of shift.
- Collaborate with all staff to ensure timely room service according to our Tray Service/Pick Up related policy.
- Maintain clean and sanitary condition of work areas, china and equipment. Comply with all state and local health codes for food handling. Inspect end of shift duties are completed by staff. Adhere to the personal hygiene policy.
- Attend all required training, in services, and staff meetings. Meet all department training standards through regulatory training and/or other necessary training modules as required.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors and coworkers.
- All dietary department personnel should follow safety precautions to prevent accidents in food preparation according to our accident prevention in food preparation and prevention of back injury policy.
- Affect budgets by avoiding waste of products and time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $17.63 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Casual dining restaurant
- Fine dining restaurant
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Deerfield, IL 60015: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 56%
Hiring 2 candidates for this role
Employer reviewed job 13 days ago
Posted 24 days ago