$55,000 – $65,000 a year
Full Job Description
The Manager is responsible for managing the front of the house operations of the restaurant with standardized policies that provide efficient, friendly services and profitable operations. We call that “DOOR, FLOOR, DOOR!” Responsibilities will include but are not limited to assisting of recruitment and engagement of employees; exceeding expectations and quality concerning food, beer, beverage, service, and sanitation; financial success including assisting in reporting and in the achievement of financial goals, and guest data collection and frequency. The Manager will assist in directing the cultural compass of the restaurant; influencing and guiding the energy, service, and hospitality. The Personnel Manager must share OUR commitment to quality, irreproachable service, teamwork, leadership, safety, ethics, and continued innovation.
Pay to Play Performance Plan
Great Benefit Packages
- Responsible for money handling and counting large amounts of cash, balancing cash drawers, and finding/reporting discrepancies
- Creating daily shift notes for the staff with notable specials, events, company policies, and news
- Preparing and staffing for the shift. Making adjustments when necessary.
- Inspecting the bar, tasting room, private dining room, and perimeter of the building daily
- Assign detailed cleaning tasks and hold staff accountable for completion of tasks
- Coordinating staff throughout the shift, administering breaks when needed.
- Sets the standard for hospitality. Engaging guests and building relationships with regular clientele
- Handle guest complaints and defuse difficult situations.
- Hold staff up to service standards and provide training as needed.
- Adheres to safety standards and procedures. Follows company protocol in the instance of a work related injury.
- Respond to guest inquiries about tasting room events, menus, general questions and direct private dining inquiries to the Sales Team
- Captures guest information for Sales Team.
- Coordinates guest reservations for non Private Dining parties
- Completes weekly schedules and monitors time off requests
- Daily inspection reports for both FOH and BOH
- Knowledge and implementation of Serv Safe standards
- Update menus as needed including daily specials developed with the COD
- Untappd comprehension. Adding new beers, pre-exiting beers, removing menu items, creating menus, etc.
- Toast comprehension. Sales reporting, time card punch audits, entering declared tips, product mix, editing and creating new items/menus/modifiers/discounts/payments
- Daily shift operations including but not limited to: running the floor, monitoring staff, welcoming guests, quality assurance checks, monitoring guest consumption, ensuring guest satisfaction, swiping for gift cards, discounts, 86’d items, comps, payment adjustments
- Staffing and running daily operations for Private Dining events. Buffet standards, events layouts, job assignments, creating Host check, scanning final documents for accounting and payroll.
- Responsible for enforcing company policy and administer disciplinary action when necessary including write ups, suspensions, and termination
- Responsible for filing all payroll requests in a timely manner
- Code and scan invoices, paid outs, and checks received for accounting.
- Comprehensive in Excel. Creating spreadsheets for inventory and daily accounting audit reports.
- Nightly check out with the staff, ensuring that their tasks were completed to company standards and satisfaction.
- Nightly closing reports. Input sales summary and safe counts into excel spreadsheet. Adjust daily deposit. Report purchases or refunds to accounting.
- Hire and train new staff as needed. Administer orientation, going over company history, policies, procedures and culture.
- Build partnerships with local businesses and coordinate ongoing events
- Monitor inventory and order product weekly as needed.
- End of the month inventory for Beer, Bar, and Merchandise
- Assist in the development of new merchandise like hats, shirts, glassware, promotional items
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is standing the entire shift. The employee frequently reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours, carries and pushes. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls in repetitive motions. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; remain stationary; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally lifts and carries tubs and cases weighing up to 75 pounds. The employee must frequently communicate with expediters and servers and read orders on tickets. The employee is occasionally exposed to hazards including, but not limited to cuts from knives, slipping, tripping, falls and burns; frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, extreme cold; frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and produce items and frequent washing of hands.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Tableside Partners concepts are an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.