From $15 an hour
Full Job Description
At Westminster Canterbury of Richmond, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on residents and families. You’ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other!
- On-Site Amenities! Including a gym, fitness classes, BB&T Branch, Employee Dining Room with discounted meals and an award-winning Child Development Center with a generous employee discount for both full and part-time employees!
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement, for both full and part-time employees!
- Paid Time Off: Can be earned by both full and part-time employees!
The Catering Server position provides quality service to residents, guests and staff during catering events while upholding the department’s stated policies and expectations regarding customer service and sanitation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Ability to read work assignments and to communicate with residents/staff through verbal and written instructions
- Ability to perform basic setup and cleaning
- Understand State and local sanitation policies and procedures
- Ability to serve and handle a variety of foods including meat, poultry, seafood, dairy and eggs
- Ability to deliver superior customer service
- Ability to work a flexible schedule according to catering needs, including occasional evenings and weekends
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge of long-term care environment
- Desire to please others
- Experience serving for banquets or special events
- Customer service experience
- Ability to serve alcohol and mixed drinks (must be a minimum age of age 18 to serve alcohol and 21 to pour alcohol)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency or combination of education and experience to fulfill requirements and essential duties of the position
- Restaurant, Hospitality and/or Special Event experience
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- ServSafe Certification
- One or two years directly related work experience
- Experience interacting with seniors
If you want to work in an organization that is faith-based and mission-driven, that provides the highest level of care, holds staff accountable and makes a difference in people’s lives, consider a career at Westminster Canterbury Richmond.
Westminster Canterbury is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Referral program
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Ask us how we are keeping our residents and employees safe during the COVID pandemic. Follow this link: https://www.wcrichmond.org/campus-policies-and-procedures
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, VA 23227: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
On-going need to fill this role
Employer reviewed job 3 days ago
Posted 7 days ago