Pulled from the full job description
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $71K – $89.8K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in San Francisco, CA.
Calling the food obsessed, the curious, the passionate, the inspired…
At Burma Food Group, it’s more than just a “job” and we are more than just a “company.” We are a small but mighty group of individuals passionate about food, life, people, and culture. We are strong believers that food should be more than just fuel, it should be celebrated, act as a source of discovery, connection, and feed a sense of adventure.
Burma Food Group is the company behind Burma Superstar, Burma Love, and Burma Bites restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area. What started out as a single restaurant with a vision to bring Burmese cuisine to the world, has quickly turned into a family of restaurants, a non-profit organization, as well as a retail line, and this is just the beginning.
Together we are on a mission to bridge cultures through food, and we want YOU to join us on our mission!
Be a part of our story, what do you say?
This role is more than a Chef, it is the opportunity to join a family, and act as a leader in bridging cultures through food. You are passionate about creating exceptionally delicious food executed with care and consistency. In this position, you will mentor and develop a top-notch team and uphold a culture of teamwork and excellence while overseeing & managing the daily operations of the kitchen. This position is responsible for menu creation, employee development, and maintaining the highest standard of food quality. We’re looking for someone who has a creative mind, a keen eye for details, and a passion for leadership.
How you can help :
- Ensuring that all food meets the highest quality standards and is served on time
- Planning the menu and designing the plating presentation for each dish
- Hiring, training, and supervising kitchen staff to prepare and cook all the menu items
- Monitoring inventory (ingredients and equipment) and placing orders from vendors needed
- Enforcing best practices for safety and sanitation in the kitchen
- Creating new recipes to regularly update the menu
- Staying up-to-date with new trends in the industry
- Incorporating feedback from restaurant staff and patrons to make improvements or resolve issues
- Identifying and introducing new culinary techniques
- Ability to multitask and remain calm in fast-paced environment
- Be a team player, and work together with your team to foster a healthy and warm atmosphere
Skills You have:
- A strong knowledge of the flavors in Burma, Thailand, India, Vietnam, and China
- Qualification from a culinary school
- Experience with cooking with the flavors from Southeast Asia
- 5+ years experience in a similar position
- In-depth knowledge of food principles and best practices
- Passion for creating incredible food that delights and attracts customers
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Creative, innovative thinking
- Exceptional standards for cleanliness, health and safety
- Experience managing inventories and stocktaking
Available to work on call, evening shifts, after hours, over weekends and on holidays
We would love if you also had:
- Bilingual + Bicultural
A few reasons why you’ll love your job:
- Opportunity to be part of a growing and passionate company and team
- Unique opportunity to bridge cultures through food
- Competitive salary
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance
- Meals provided
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Recognition Program
Equal employment opportunities (EEO):
Burma Food Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and other protected classes. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with legal requirements. In addition to federal law requirements, Burma Food Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates.
Posted 6 days ago