$19 – $25 an hour
High school or equivalent (Required)
Driver’s License & Automobile Insurance (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Line Cooking: 2 years (Preferred)
Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Food Handler Certification (ServSafe) (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Chefs For Seniors is a personal chef service that provides meals for independent seniors in their homes in the Contra Costa County and Tri-Valley areas. We are currently seeking several talented professional chefs to join our team.
We provide training and uniforms and we fill up your schedule (from 4 to 35 hours, based on what your availability is) with clients. If you would like to be part of this socially innovative company and meet the requirements below, please apply.
Please review the Chefs for Seniors website (cut & paste URL into your browser) to get familiar with the Business Model for the role.
You are applying for a job to work for an independently owned Franchisee and not for the Franchisor.
- 2+ years of experience cooking in a commercial kitchen
- Interest in working with the senior population
- Licensed with food handlers certification
- Can lift 25+ pounds
- Working smartphone with a data plan
- Fully Vaccinated, including Booster
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Speed in executing multiple meal preparations simultaneously in a home kitchen
- Culinary school diploma a plus
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $19.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Candidates must be fully vaccinated, including boosters
- Are you comfortable working with clients above 62 years old?
- Do you have any prior experience preparing start to finish multiple meals at the same time? Please describe.
- Do you have any prior experience (personal or professional) of any kind working with people over 62 years old? Please describe.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Line Cooking: 2 years (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Driver’s License & Automobile Insurance (Required)
- Food Handler Certification (ServSafe) (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Application response rate: 97%
Hiring 2 candidates for this role
Employer reviewed job 2 days ago
Posted 30+ days ago