$80,000 – $100,000 a year
Culinary experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Rhoda Goldman Plaza is an Assisted Living and Memory Care Community, built on a foundation of not-for-profit values and Jewish principles. The Organization is proud of creating a comfortable and stimulating environment for residents, through chef-prepared cuisine, cultural activities, and programs. We are looking for a creative, fine dining Chef to join the team!
- Oversees the hiring, training, and scheduling of all kitchen personnel.
- Develops menus, recipes, and standards of productions with training for implementation.
- Understands and performs job duties in a manner that meets the demand of Kosher dining.
- Implements work standards, sanitation procedures, and safety and hygiene standards in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Monitors and coordinates in-service training for kitchen staff, ensuring employees understand and comply with regulations.
- Overseeing the production of room service trays, boxed meals, Café food, and special events and catering.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Orders all food required for kitchen production.
- Oversees production for KMOW meals.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three years’ supervisory experience in high volume production kitchen, with some experience in fine dining.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Jewish culture and traditions required.
- Demonstrated ability to form positive working relationships with our senior population and their families.
- In-depth knowledge of the aging process.
- Understanding of or experience in cost control, budgeting, and payroll.
- Excellent command (speaking and writing) of English.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to stand and walk 70% of the work day.
- Able to lift 25 pounds.
- Job may also require grasping, reaching, and tasting/smelling foods.
- Generous pay time off pro-rate system;
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (must work 30 hours weekly or more);
- Retirement plan;
- FSA plans – healthcare, transportation, and dependent care;
Rhoda Goldman Plaza is in compliance with EEOC regulations and performs pre-employment criminal background checks, health screening, and reference checks.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Commuter assistance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Food provided
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Fine dining restaurant
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Francisco, CA 94115: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Culinary experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Chef: 1 year (Preferred)
- Senior Facility: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Employer reviewed job 2 days ago
Posted 30+ days ago