COOK II – Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa (Hotel) Able to produce a variety of foods in a neat and timely manner. Emphasis on fresh, appealing presentation. Knowledge of butchery, sauce making, some garde manger.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing: Other duties may be assigned.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Basic prep work, saute, grill, roasting, able to carve meats, prepare eggs to order, pastas etc.
- Maintain a clean work area during and at the end of shift.
- Prepare and service all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: N/A
Your experience and skills include:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proper and current certification or licenses as mandated by the state of California.
- Prior practical experience in a professional environment. Spa/ hospitality experience preferred by not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high level of guest service orientation.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of guests and team members.
- A friendly, personable disposition and positive attitude
- Flexible schedule and availability to work weekends and holidays
Your team and working environment:
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, an elegant Spanish mission-style Inn, boasts exceptional accommodation in the heart of Wine Country. As one big team, we know that only together we can do amazing things. A community of service professionals coming together with a common purpose to welcome, connect, and serve others.
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be able to provide proof that they are legally able to work in the United States.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS