Full Job Description
The Oxford Collection of hotels is a rapidly growing, innovative and progressive organization that truly recognizes the value of its employees. We are looking to expand our exceptional team with talented, energetic individuals who embrace our values and are devoted to being second to none. We offer competitive pay and a robust benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k/profit sharing, PTO, and property discounts).
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Cook position is to provide consistently attractive and appealing foods for the breakfast buffet and evening responsibilities while adhering to sanitation and cleanliness standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: All duties and responsibilities of this position are to be performed with exceptional caring and genuine guest service upholding the Oxford Collection of hotels standards and culture at all times.
- Food and Beverage Service (70%): Cook, set up and prepare food on the buffet line. Prepare hors d’oeuvres for the afternoon reception, assist with the bussing of tables after guest use, assist with menu preparation, maintain the attractive presentation and correct temperature of foods on the buffet line, sanitize all food-contact areas at least once daily, receive food and supplies shipments, perform the cleanup of the restaurant area.
Perform all tasks in compliance with federal, state, local, food safety and sanitation requirements and Oxford Collection of hotels safety standards and security procedures. Be knowledgeable about and able to respond to emergency situations. Report any maintenance repairs needed immediately to their supervisor or General Manager.
- Guest Relations (20%): Interact, acknowledge and greet guests as they enter the restaurant, exchanging beverage voucher. Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests. Maintain integrity, confidentiality, and sensitivity when working with both internal and external guests.
- Other (10%): Communicate effectively with all hotel staff to ensure smooth delivery of services. Assist other departments with work as time permits. Coordinate with front desk, maintenance staff, Food and Beverage Manager and General Manager on things requiring attention.
- Professional Appearance – Presents a professional and polished look
- Results Focused – Consistently delivers results
- Customer Service – Understands and meets the needs of customers
- Team Orientation – Works cooperatively with others, assisting voluntarily
- Stress Management – Exhibits self-awareness and self-control in pressure situations
- Company Character – Supports company vision and values
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Previous culinary experience preferred
- Food handler’s license and liquor server permits as required by state law (or ability to obtain)
- Hospitality / hotel work experience preferred
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening, weekends and holidays
- Reliable and consistent attendance
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand and arm movements frequently
- Must be able to list 50 pounds occasionally and often exert up to 20 pounds of force to push, pull, carry, lift or otherwise move objects
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat)
- Must be able to climb stairs both inside and outside in a variety of weather conditions
The Oxford Collection of hotels is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
All offers are contingent on a background and drug screening.