From $19 an hour
US work authorization (Required)
Cooking: 2 years (Preferred)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
ServSafe Certificate (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Boathouse Asian Eatery, Café 88, and Boathouse Asian Noodles, all located in the Graton Casino in Rohnert Park, are seeking Line Cooks.
The ideal candidate will have at least two (2) years of experience in kitchen production and/or cooking, be a team player, and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced, energetic, high volume restaurant. Cooks must be able to prepare and produce food items according to recipe standards for various workstations. Asian cooking and fast-food experience a plus!!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
- Willingness to learn and prepare multi-Asian menu items.
- Setting up and preparing all wok, grill, soup, and sauté menu items to recipe specification safely and efficiently.
- Following “First In, First Out (FIFO)” process for prepared foods, clean containers, labeled with date prepared and in proper rotation.
- Working as part of a team, filling in where needed to ensure efficient operations.
- Ability to handle high-volume of production during lunch and dinner rushes.
- Restocking, organizing, and maintaining the back up of all ingredients to avoid running out of product.
- Efficiently communicating with other stations and understanding inter-station timing.
- Maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor while on duty.
- Understanding all company policies, procedures, standards, specifications, and guidelines.
- Communicating with management regarding all product shortages and/or broken equipment.
- Maintaining strict adherence to applicable food and sanitation regulations.
- Complying with all federal, state, city, county, and municipal food safety regulations.
- Performing additional duties or special projects as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Two (2) or more years as a line production cook in high volume restaurant kitchen, knowledge of Asian cooking and a plus.
- Solid understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
- Ability to read and follow a recipe by weighing and measuring ingredients.
- Advanced knife handling, sauté, fry, and steam experience.
- Ability to understand and take direction in both written and spoken English.
- Must be able to handle complex situations with professionalism and expedite orders quickly and efficiently.
- Must possess the ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (minimum of 8 hours a day).
- Must be able to frequently reach, bend, and lift (up to) 50 pounds.
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work weekends, late night, and all major holidays.
- Must be ServSafe Certified.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US and background check required.
Please submit most recent resume with a short cover letter for consideration. Applicants that appear well suited for the position(s) will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Casual dining restaurant
- Fast casual restaurant
- Fine dining restaurant
- Quick service restaurant
- Upscale casual restaurant
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Cooking: 2 years (Preferred)
- ServSafe Certificate (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- One location