Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $41.3K – $52.3K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Seattle, WA.
Full Job Description
Join us for an incredible opportunity to be a part of our Culinary Team as a Colleague Dining Kitchen Manager! The Colleague Dining Kitchen Manager will support “A Seattle Collection”, a multi-property cluster comprised of Grand Hyatt Seattle, Hyatt at Olive 8 and Hyatt Regency Seattle.
Our Colleague Dining Room is a central part of the everyday lives of our Colleagues when they join us for work each day. Colleague’s often meet for breakfast with one another in the morning, take their breaks in the Dining Room, as well as enjoy their lunch and/or dinner in the Dining Room. This is a meeting place for our Colleagues to connect, to celebrate with each other, and is often the setting for many of our Colleague Events on property!
This Dining Room Manager will oversee both the Culinary Line, and the Dining Room operations. This Manager reports to the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef of the Seattle Culinary team. Candidates for this position should be creative and excited to present various themes in the Colleague Dining Room throughout the year. The Dining Room Manager should take pride in providing a dining atmosphere for our Colleagues comparable to what the Hyatt provides our guests who dine with us. This will require understanding our colleagues, listening to our colleagues, making them feel welcomed, and to best create a dining experience for our Colleagues unlike anything they have ever enjoyed.
The Culinary Manager must have understanding of kitchen operations within the hotel. The Manager is responsible for producing a consistent, quality product that meets and exceeds our Colleague’s needs in a timely manner. Our Colleague Dining Room Manager is familiar with department training and is capable of assuming department responsibilities. Skills and knowledge to include culinary education, basic cost control understanding, communication, leadership skills and computer skills. The Manager may assist in monitoring payroll costs & overtime. Responsibilities include the supervising of hourly Line Cooks, as well as the Colleague Dining Room Attendants.
Benefits & Perks:
As a colleague, we have you covered with awesome benefits and perks! Some of those include:
- Medical & Vision insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Free Uniforms and Cleaning of your Uniform
- Paid Vacation, sick leave and 2 float days
- Paid Family Bonding Time
- Adoption Assistance
- Discounted parking
- Discounted Rooms at any participating Hyatt location starting on your first day of employment
- Up to 12 complimentary rooms at any participating Hyatt location after 1 year of service
- Free colleague meals during shift
When applying for a position working at a Hyatt hotel, you are pursuing an opportunity to join a culture built on caring and attentive colleagues who have a passion for providing efficient service and creating meaningful experiences. Our values are the guiding principles for our success, giving us the opportunity to open over 800 properties worldwide.
Hedreen Hotel Employer LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
- Requires good communication skills.
- Previous line experience required.
- Customer service experience preferred, with the desire to exceed the expectations of our colleagues in a fast paced environment.
- Must be committed to providing a positive and welcoming experience with superior quality and cleanliness.
- Washington state food handler’s card required
- Complete understanding of health department standards
- Culinary leadership experience preferred.
- Understanding and experience in cafeteria-type setting preferred.
- Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred.
- Candidates should be able to perform all basic, intermediate, and advanced cooking skills.
- Able to work multiple stations in the kitchen.
- Able to work a varying schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Manage three dining rooms and keeping consistency at all
Posted 30+ days ago