Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $46.5K – $58.9K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in San Francisco, CA.
Full Job Description
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
TableOne Hospitality is a dynamic new partnership from leading hospitality investment and management company, Highgate, the culinary and creative expertise of Chef Michael Mina, and the hospitality leadership of restaurateur Patric Yumul.
Built on decades of innovation, success, and expertise, TableOne is where the brightest minds of the culinary world are setting the table for truly memorable hospitality experiences. We bring together renowned chefs, rising stars, breakthrough mixologists, designers, innovators, and operators to create distinctive new concepts for the world’s leading hotels. https://www.tableonehospitality.com/Overview:
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Be responsible for the timely updating of the RecipeXchange Website and all its content.
- Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation.
- Provide leadership to create a culture and work environment based upon respect; providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow and develop their abilities through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment. Successful demonstration of this will be evident by employee satisfaction and retention of those under your supervision.
- Possess a Qualifying Certificate in Food Protection from the local Department of Health that has jurisdiction over the employing property.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs for a Mobil Five Star establishment.
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Document all recipes in a standard kitchen format and share with kitchen employees.
- Perform inventory and purchasing responsibilities daily.
- Work with the Corporate Chef and Human Resources Director in creating and sustaining an internship program that embraces diversity, education, and discipline.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of food education.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and together with the Human Resources Director administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Know and comply consistently with kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in creating a dynamic menu for Main Dining Room and Private Rooms that evolves and changes on a regular basis.
- Supervise the kitchen during prep and service periods.
- Expedite service: canapé through mignardises.
- Schedule labor as required by business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when needed while maintaining labor cost objectives.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Tableone Hospitality/ Highgate.
- Understand philosophy of management and owner. Displays consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies.
- Collaborates with team to create a culture and restaurant work environment based upon respect; fosters opportunities for team to learn, grow and develop their abilities.
- Understand completely all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of the restaurant’s trading area.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in kitchen preparation and cooking in a fine dining restaurant. At least 2 years in a management capacity.
- Must be impeccably groomed, maintain good hygiene, good posture and have required uniform and tools.
- Must display the IMAGE set forth by the owner and restaurant philosophy.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (minimum of 12 hours / day).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift to 50 pounds.
- Must have the stamina to work a minimum of 60 hours per week.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by restaurant environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the restaurant on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the building on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening & hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Posted 30+ days ago