Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $48.3K – $61.1K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Houston, TX.
Full Job Description
The position will be responsible for menu development, food purchase specifications, and recipes. Executive Chef will oversee the development and monitoring of the food preparation and labor budgets. The position will oversee the hiring, training and development of the back of house team, to always maintaining the highest professional food quality and hygiene standards. It is important for the Chef to work with the resident council and be open to feedback and communications with residents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and post weekly balanced menus for all dining venues in advance.
- Work with overall operations opening team to hire back of house culinary team.
- Train and oversee culinary team.
- Ensure the overall standard for excellent F&B service for Tradition residents and guests.
- Purchase product, ensuring a minimum of a four-day supply of staple foods and a one-day supply of perishable foods.
- Label all foods which are removed from their original container. Date all foods subject to spoilage.
- Ensure that all refrigerators and freezers are kept at correct temperatures (41 degrees or below for refrigerators and 0 degrees or below for freezers).
- Follow all infection control policies as related to food handling and kitchen cleanliness.
- Ensure compliance with 25 TAC 161-229.171 and 229.173-229.175 (Texas Food Establishment rules)
- At least five (5) years of executive chef and culinary management experience in a production kitchen.
- Strong restaurant style service and food quality.
- Extensive experience in menu planning for a multi-unit operation
- Financial F&B management with experience in food and labor cost.
- Food certifications and state regulation knowledge.
- Effective inventory control procedures.
- Multi-unit F&B operations experience.
- F&B opening experience
- Proficient in Microsoft applications like Word, Excel, Outlook’
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Employer reviewed job 2 days ago
Posted 30+ days ago