Full Job Description
At Delaware North, we care about our associates. We are committed to invest in our people’s personal and professional journeys, without you, there is no us. These are just some of the benefits we offer: health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, performance bonuses, paid vacation days and holidays, and generous friends-and-family discounts at many of our hotels and resorts. Click here to learn more.
- Represent culinary expertise with refined cooking technique, style, and taste in order to pioneer menu development and excellence.
- Assisting the Executive Chef with daily supervision and production of all operations and events.
- Hire, train, and mobilize kitchen and service teams with precision to provide impeccable service to our guests.
- Overall management including supervising activities of supervisors, cooks, and utility workers.
- Coordinating and participating in kitchen operations while monitoring food and labor costs.
- Planning menus while maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Overseeing inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications.
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and organized kitchen that complies with state and local health department regulations.
- At least three years of experience in culinary arts, including previous experience in a management role.
- Experience working back-of-house in a high-volume operation.
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting new dishes, appropriate for the venue’s concept.
- ServSafe certification required.
- Knowledge of best practices for monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development, costing, ordering, and inventory procedures.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Excellent organization skills and multitasking.
- Ability to lead, coach, develop, and train others.
- Ability to follow and write bulk recipes for production and service.
Who We Are
Delaware North has operated concessions, premium dining and retail services at Petco Park since 2004. The 42,445-seat venue is home of Major League Baseball’s San Diego Padres. We provide an upscale dining experience, including a private chef tasting room.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted 30+ days ago