Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Big River Restaurants owns 39 Applebee’s restaurants in the Greater Saint Louis and Lousiana areas. Our mission is to empower our people, recognize our success and exceed our own expectations and those of our guest. We have 5 company values: passion, integrity, respect, connect, and own it.
You are applying for work with a franchisee of Applebee’s, not Applebee’s Corp. or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees.
Big River Restaurants – Now Hiring Food Servers!
What do you seek in your career path? An opportunity for growth? A chance to succeed? A fun, exciting social environment? Blending all of these together is the difference between a good job and a great career. At Applebee’s® You’ll discover a balance between work life and personal life, as well as a wealth of benefits for your health, future, family and happiness.
We strive to encourage, enrich and celebrate our associates every day. Why? It’s simple – we found it’s the best way to help people reach their potential. It all starts with our inclusive culture, which welcomes and embraces our collective differences…and the strengths these differences create.
Primary Responsibilities: Greets (both arriving and departing) and seats all guests in a friendly manner and assists in maintaining the overall guest flow of the restaurant.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Opens door for guests arriving and departing.
- Accommodates any special needs of guests, i.e., boosters, highchairs, disabilities.
- Manages the Wait List when the restaurant is full.
- Provides guest assistance to servers as needed.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and completes cleaning as assigned
- Fills out the feature board and inflates balloons.
Passion – We share a passion for achieving excellence and find the fun in doing it.
Integrity – Integrity is our compass, we choose to do what’s right over what’s popular.
Connect – We believe that connection to our communities and to our team drives pride.
Respect – We respect each others point of view, even when we disagree.
Own It – We own our actions, our impact and our results.
Our Team empowers our people, we recognize our success, we will exceed our expectations and those of our guests.
We offer a wide variety of employee benefits raging from: Health Care Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Compensation, and Paid Leave. We offer many opportunities to grow within the company. We work with you to provide you with a schedule that fits your needs.
Must be 18 years of age or older
- Flexible schedule
- Reliable transportation
- Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
- Transports and carries objects (such as high-chair) up to 15 pounds up to 15 times a shift.
- Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off the floor and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant.
- Previous customer service experience an asset
- Previous hosting experience an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $5.58 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bridgeton, MO 63044: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 6 candidates for this role
Employer reviewed job 5 days ago
Posted 30+ days ago