Full Job Description
Start a rewarding career with a great team!
Click here to complete our interest form and be contacted by our Spring Arbor Senior Living hiring team TODAY!
Spring Arbor of Salisbury, Assisted Living located in Midlothian, VA is seeking Servers to join our team. We have part time and full time openings! Experience is preferred, but we are willing to train! Great opportunity to spend time with our senior residents and work along side a team to create meaningful dining experiences for our residents. Servers are responsible for providing accurate, timely food service to residents and guests in a polite and professional manner while complying with company policies, state and local regulations and maintaining dietary equipment in a safe and sanitary manner.
What we are currently looking for:
Experienced servers that are looking to advance their career.
And less experienced servers who are willing to learn and work with more experienced servers and perfect their art of serving.
- Greet residents and guests upon entering the dining room
- Serve food and drinks to residents and guests in a timely manner utilizing proper serving techniques
- Bus tables in a timely and proper manner
- Assist in preparing, plating, covering, and labeling food
- Ensure dining area is presentable; tables and chairs are clean and arranged neatly, tablecloths and tables are clean and set appropriately
- Wash dishes, load and unload dishwasher, return dishes to appropriate storing places
- Ensure all supplies, condiments, crackers, etc. are restocked for the next shift
- Wrap silverware
- Vacuum the dining room after each shift
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Patience and desire to work with seniors
- Well groomed and ability to follow dress requirements
- Pleasant, friendly, and helpful at all times ensuring proper and timely service
- Ability to learn tasks and follow written and oral instructions
- Must be 16 years of age
- Ability to work well with others and promote a team environment
- Ability to work in an environment conducive to caring for residents without posing a substantial safety or health threat to self or others
- In order to work at Spring Arbor, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
Just as a family makes a house a home, our family of dedicated professionals makes Spring Arbor a place where our residents feel loved, like an extension of the family. Spring Arbor has continued to build on its successes, owning and operating 24 senior living communities throughout Virginia, North Carolina and Maryland. From Residential Assisted Living to Memory Care, our team nurtures each resident’s independence by promoting dignity and choice in a setting of compassionate care. Join our team and work with us here. You’ll love it!
As a progressive organization meeting the needs of a diverse workforce, in addition to the standard competitive benefits package we also offer 10 paid holidays as well as a paid birthday off, adoption benefits, excellent health care benefits, and education assistance-to name just a few. To learn more about this exciting opportunity to join a great organization, visit www.springarborliving.com.
Spring Arbor Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer.
- Experience in healthcare, hospitality, or service environment a plus.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Posted 30+ days ago