Full Job Description
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Greet guests with a smile and pleasant disposition in a timely manner.
- Must be familiar with menu, daily specials, and preparation of foods and prices.
- Use suggestive selling (i.e., cocktails, appetizers, desserts, etc.).
- Write all orders down and accurately input the order into the computer.
- Process al payments according to Missouri Gaming Commission.
- Observe and anticipate guest’s needs, keeping table cleared between courses, and beverages filled throughout their meal.
- Present check for payment when all guests’ needs have been met.
- Complete assigned side work and additional daily tasks.
- Inform immediate supervisor if situations arise with guests or fellow team members that cannot be handled directly.
- Serve table completely, using trays and serving all sides and accompaniments in a timely, efficient manner according to all Standards and Sequence of Service.
- Always conduct oneself in a manner that reflects a positive professional image to Pinnacle Entertainment.
- Outgoing personality with interest in guest hospitality.
- Exceptional work habits.
What are we looking for?:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
- Able to successfully complete all require training classes.
- Knowledge of food preparation and plate presentation.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Able to handle the minimum of 5 tables.
- Able to work well with orders and a great team player.
- Knowledge of upselling techniques.
- Card all guests for alcohol purchases that look under (30) years old.
- Two (2) years’ experience as a server in a casual dining atmosphere.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc.):
Possession of, and ability to obtain and maintain a valid drivers and gaming license within assigned state of employment and other jurisdictions
Must successfully pass background check
Must successfully pass an alcohol and drug screening
Must be 18 years of age
CUSTOMER SERVICE REQUIREMENT
What would it be like to work at this property?:
Overlooking the Missouri River, this 130,000 square-foot casino and AAA Four Diamond full-service luxury suite hotel is in historic St. Charles. With an architectural design derived from the historic wharf and train stations,
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles hints at the action inside. The streetscape continues the theme by following the design cues of St. Charles Port District complete with seven dining outlets, 12 bars, an entertainment venue, a full-service luxury day spa, indoor/outdoor pool, gift shop and 22,000 square-foot conference center.
Ameristar St. Charles
Our past success, our current business philosophies and our sound business planning, combine to position Boyd Gaming Corporation to maximize value for our shareholders, our team members and our communities.
We, as members of Boyd Gaming Corporation, operate with only the highest degree of integrity, and rely on the competence and friendliness of each person in our organization to provide entertainment and service to satisfy our customers’ wants.
Through teamwork, we strive to maximize shareholder value, to be among the leading companies in our industry and to provide opportunities for all while we support and enhance our communities.
Boyd Gaming is one of the nation’s leading casino entertainment companies. But we’re so much more – a Fortune 1000 company that retains the philosophy of a family-owned business, focused on creating long-term, sustainable growth for our shareholders. This philosophy defines and separates us from the competition, making us unique in our industry.
From our earliest beginnings in the 1970s, we made a commitment to our shareholders and our team members to create an operating style built around family. In a highly competitive industry, our Boyd Style of hospitality has come to define us in a most unique way.
Forging ahead in the coming years, we will remain focused on our three main goals: improving our operating performance, continuing to execute on our current growth strategy, and demonstrating our branding initiatives.
We remain confident in the strength of our Company to successfully meet whatever challenges lie ahead.
Posted 28 days ago