Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $24.7K – $31.3K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Saint Charles, MO.
Full Job Description
Food Service Team Member/ Server for award winning Lake St Charles Independent Living and Assisted Living Community
Ask about our Tuition Reimbursement program!
Lake St. Charles is an award winning Independent Living and Assisted Living Community located in Saint Charles, MO. We sit on 13 private acres and have over 175 apartments. We are looking for a mature, positive, self-motivated Server! We strive for a mature, well rounded and responsible individual to help with the nutritional value for our residents: Looking for a special person to join our Dietary Department to serve breakfast, lunch, or dinner for our Independent Living dining room. Please call to set up an interview with our Dietary Manager if you are interested in joining our team!
Position: Food Service Team Member
Are you looking to have fun in a work environment where you can express your talents and creativity, while making a difference in the lives of others? Come join our Food Nutrition Service Team! NHC fosters an environment of teamwork and provides opportunities to showcase your culinary skills in a healthcare setting. A Food Service Team Member performs various duties associated with the production and service of patient meals such as assist with minimal food prep, food delivery, kitchen cleaning, and other duties as assigned.
We provide restaurant style dining for our residents and their families; offering you the opportunity to interact with our residents and their families.
- Assists in receiving and storing food and supplies to prevent waste and assure quality products. Dates, labels, and stores items properly. Uses proper food handling techniques.
- Responsible for scraping, stacking, washing, and sanitizing dishes, flatware, utensils, pots/pans, etc. and for removing broken and chipped dishes and glassware from use. Wraps flatware if needed.
- Properly transports and stores dishes, flatware, utensils, pots/pans, etc. Responsible for having sufficient quantities of clean and sanitized dishes, flatware, utensils, pots/pans, etc. to meet time schedule for meal preparation and service.
- Cleans and sanitizes the dish machine and dish room. Empties and cleans/sanitizes the trash cans. Keeps work area clean and uncluttered and completes assigned cleaning duties.
- Assists cook, as needed, in preparing and serving foods for all diets (therapeutic, mechanically altered, etc.) according to planned menus, using proper portions and special diet items. Prepares beverages, breads, and other menu items as assigned.
- Assembles meal trays on tray line and checks trays for accuracy of diets, preferences, and quality. Delivers carts to floors as needed.
- Busses tables in dining area(s) as needed; cleans and sanitizes tabletops in dining area(s).
Job Type: Part Time and Full Time
Work Schedule: breakfast, lunch, or dinner
Lake St. Charles Retirement Center is pleased to be a part of the NHC family. We are celebrating our 50-year Anniversary at National HealthCare Corporation!! We offer a culture of recognition, empowerment, and fun. At NHC, we are all partners (employees) in a family – oriented work atmosphere where growth and opportunities are promoted. We provide competitive compensation with performance wage rate increases.
Healthcare food service experience preferred, not required
Earned Time Off
Holiday Incentive Pay
Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance
401k with generous company contributions
Tuition Reimbursement Opportunities
No Late Nights
Lake St. Charles Retirement Center
45 Honey Locust Ln
St Charles, MO 63303
If you are interested in working for a leader in Independent and Assisted Living Community and share our values of honesty and integrity, please apply today and find out more about us at Lake St Charles Retirement Center
“Care is our business” -join our family and see why we strive to provide “care in a better way”!
“NHC is 50 years Committed, 50 years Caring, 50 years Strong”
Posted 30+ days ago