$37,000 – $50,000 a year
Full Job Description
Summary of Position:
The FOH Manager works with the General and other FOH Department Managers to direct and supervise the overall operations of the front of house from dining-in services to private events to carry out. The main goal is to provide an unforgettable experience for all our guests through the proper execution and presentation of all services. The FOH Manager is responsible for continuing staff development and assisting with training of new hires in the Host department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with other FOH Managers to ensure uniform development of Host staff, and adherence to brand standards.
- Maintain regular communication with other FOH Managers on procedures, processes, and competencies within the Bakery
- Provide regular updates to the General Manager, Front of House Manager, and Training & Development Manager
- Work with the Training & Development Manager to strengthen training processes, and on re-education of current Bakery Associates.
- Understand all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times
- Provide overall leadership and support for the restaurant staff and management by creating the appropriate culture and character of the establishment through personal and professional conduct
- Provide conflict resolutions in a positive, effective manner
- Work to ensure all services are executed properly for the guests’ satisfaction
- Ensure the staff is delivering the highest standards of service and hospitality, with a particular focus on either Hosts, Bartenders, Servers, or Bakery Associates depending on role.
- Foster positive guest relations/guest experiences in a manner that portrays an energetic, sympathetic image of the establishment
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training and development of Bakery employees and creating a positive, productive working environment
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms and reports in an organized and timely manner
- Ensure proper opening/closing procedures are executed while performing multiple property walks throughout the day
- Be able to communicate and understand the mission of the restaurant
- Supervise the restaurant to exceed standards in food quality, safety, and cleanliness
- Monitor and maintain the POS – report any issues, ensure items ring in correctly, and payment is issued properly
- Ensure all orders are completed and ready before guest pick up
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
The scheduled work locations may vary as staffing needs fluctuate or as other Managers are out on vacation. This position is expected to average 45 hours per week, with a flexible and open availability. Weekends and Holidays Required.
The Cake Bake Shop offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees who regularly work at least 30 hours per week. Some of the benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Previous experience in fine dining preferred
- 3+ years of management experience
- Must keep a professional appearance with impeccable hygiene
- Excellent oral and written communication skills combined with outstanding leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related field is a plus
- Possess excellent basic math skills
- Must be able to lift/ move up to 50lbs and be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must be able to work a flexible 45-hour schedule with openings, closings, weekends and holidays as required
- Ability to learn all Cake Bake Shop related computerized systems and applications
- Proficient with MS Office applications required
About The Cake Bake Shop
The Cake Bake Shop prides itself in creating magical and one-of-a-kind experiences to guests, who come from near and far to celebrate the big, and small, moments in life.
The Cake Bake Shop started as a small shop in Broad Ripple Village in Indianapolis and continues to grow to new heights each day, which comes with limitless potential for career growth, in almost any direction. The Cake Bake Shop strives to put employees first when it comes to growth, and always posts open corporate/management positions internally prior to allowing outside applicants.
The Cake Bake Shop was named a top workplace in Indianapolis in 2020, and prides itself in creating a positive and enjoyable work environment for employees. The Cake Bake Shop provides medical, dental, vision, life, and ancillary insurance to full-time employees, as well as paid time off, and company matched 401k (waiting period applies).
Pay: $37000 – $50000 per year
Job types: Full-time
Education: No education required
Work location: On-site
Posted 25 days ago