$50,000 a year
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Oversee the daily operations of the Front Office Department. Ensure that front desk and communications meet hotel standards for maximum guest satisfaction. Act as the main contact for guests and other hotel departments.
· Ensure efficient guest registration, check out and telephone service. Observe front desk agents and ensure that established procedures are completed in accordance with policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, guests are handled both courteously and professionally, proper identification and credit are established and all posting, cash transactions, account settlements and deposits are handled correctly.
· Observe front desk and telephone attendants and ensure that their duties are completed in accordance with established policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, calls are handled both courteously and professionally, calls are answered on a timely basis and the proper greetings are used, messages and faxes are handled correctly and efficiently, guest complaints and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner, and ensure follow through.
· Direct and train front desk staff and operators. Assist in new-hire and on-going training. Direct and assist front desk staff and telecommunications in organizing breaks, ensuring that all work is completed efficiently and according to schedule.
· Arrive at workplace on time in full uniform prepared with tools and all equipment needed for service. Review current day’s expected arrivals and check all VIP and special request reservations to ensure that they are pre-registered, blocked properly and other departments are notified of room assignment. Review the daily room availability and inform staff. Check status of departures on a daily basis. Relay all pertinent information to front desk agents, telecommunications, the following shift supervisor, and the Front Office Manager.
· Ensure all necessary reports and forms are completed daily.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with hotel rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
· Assist Guest Relations/Receivables as necessary.
· Any other duties as assigned by the Front Office Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
· Must have excellent customer relations skills and leadership capability.
· Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
· Must possess basic computational ability.
· Must possess basic computer skills.
· Must have excellent leadership capability and customer relations skills.
· Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
· Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
· Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 4 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
· Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
· Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
· Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
· High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· One-year to five years hotel front office experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
· Not applicable.
· All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Warwick Denver Hotel standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location