Full Job Description
Job Description Summary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards and instill a passion for customer service in all associates of the hotel.
- Develop new accounts, maintain existing accounts, and implement sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the hotel while maintaining guest satisfaction. Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce extended stay room sales. Regularly sell hotel rooms through direct client contact.
- Partner with hotel DOS and Regional Sales Director effectively maximizes RevPar opportunities in the local market.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability within all areas of responsibility. Produce regular reports and sales forecasts.
- Identify operational problems that impact the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department heads on solutions.
- Create and implement hotel-level tactical sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase business volume during off-peak periods. Enhance the image of the hotel in local community. Deliver sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales exceed the established revenue plan.
- Analyze current/potential market and sales trends and coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increased rate.
- Coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the Sales Office and prospective clients.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups.
- Act as “Manager on duty” as required.
- Attend Evening Social and Breakfast events as a representative of the management team of the hotel and to prospect for additional sales leads.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety, and alcohol services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS :
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Opera systems preferred.
- Ability to travel including some overnight travel is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.