$45,000 – $50,000 a year
US work authorization (Required)
Restaurant experience: 2 years (Preferred)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Hospitality HQ (HHQ) is a creative consulting and management group oﬀering bespoke solutions for culinary-driven concepts across the United States. Helmed by award-winning chef, restaurateur, TV personality and cookbook author Akhtar Nawab, HHQ’s dynamic and comprehensive team prioritizes high-quality service at all levels, producing systems for food and beverage concepts which consistently optimize the guest experience. https://hosphq.com
We are looking to hire a highly-skilled, customer centric Sushi Chef to prepare sushi dishes in accordance with company standards while following food health and safety regulations. The Sushi Chef’s responsibilities include preparing traditional Japanese sushi, leading a small team of kitchen staff, placing orders for supplies as needed, maintaining safety and sanitation standards, weekly inventory and providing amazing customer service. Candidates will also need to be well versed in dietary/allergy restrictions to ensure proper handling of food for special requests.
- Punctual, attentive to detail, friendly, willing to learn, reliable and above all honest
- A total of 4-5 years Culinary experience
- 2-3 years minimum work experience as a Sushi Chef
- Poses, and be able to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of sushi types and sushi rolling techniques
- ServSafe certified
- Menu planning and recipes knowledge
- Excellent Food and Beverage knowledge, cost control measures, and good kitchen organization experience
- Great attention to detail and creativity.
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation techniques and nutrition.
- Be creative, innovative, and driven with excellent knife skills.
- Certificate in culinary arts, sushi-making, or relevant field.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, when necessary.
- You must be someone who leads by example
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Responsible for food quality, test, presentation, hygiene standard.
- Responsible for food cost and food profitability.
- Ensure that kitchen staff are properly trained and well communicated concerning all company S.O.P.
- Cleanliness of the kitchen should be maintained as top priority.
- Supervises all dishes tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes.
- Check the food stock for freshness and quality on a regular basis.
- Ability to be integrated in a new work environment.
- High interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Highly Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others as well.
- Leadership and multitasking.
- Time management, Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Maintain hygiene principles in all cooking areas and keep a clean space
- Check the quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- You’ll be working in our fast moving; high energy environment and we’re looking for people with high energy and that can work as part of a team within diverse groups of people
Hospitality HQ is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hospitality HQ is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Jane Hahn, HR Director, jhahn@hosphq. com.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- Fast casual restaurant
- Fine dining restaurant
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77002: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Restaurant experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sushi: 2 years (Preferred)
- ServSafe (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 68%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Employer reviewed job 2 days ago
Posted 20 days ago