$44,000 – $48,000 a year
Hotel Front Desk: 2 years (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West/Federal Center!
- We are a recently renovated, Hilton branded, extended stay hotel.
- We are owned and operated by Capri Hospitality Management.
- We are a management company that owns and operates several hotels
- We have been in business since 1928 and our corporate headquarters are in Tucson, Arizona.
- We are a growing company that likes to promote from within. Please visit our website at www.caprihm.com to learn more about our company.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West/Federal Center,located at 139 Union Blvd, Lakewood, CO 80228, is currently recruiting an enthusiastic, goal oriented Assistant General Manager.
- The AGM is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the front of the house operations from front desk to complimentary breakfast service.
- The AGM is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance goals focused on revenues, guest and team member satisfaction and effectiveness.
- The AGM will coordinate, direct and manage day-to-day front of the house operations at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West/Federal Center.
- The AGM reports directly to the General Manager.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West/Federal Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are important to us and not only welcomed but encouraged. Be Free to Be You.
Why should you join our team?
- Join the Homewood team and show your fun side!
- If you are looking for a culture where you make a difference and truly are part of a successful team, then we are the place for you.
- We strive to grow our team with people who share our passion and energy for creating the best experience for our guests and team members!
We offer competitive wages and opportunity for advancement.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, supplemental gap medical, accident, short term disability, 401(k), 401(k) company match, vacation, holiday and other types of supplemental pay.
- All associates are eligible to participate in the Hilton Employee & Friends Team Member Travel Program.
The ideal candidate will grow and lead the team through training and developing to exceed both guest and company expectations, maintain a positive work environment, and be able to grow the business through outstanding guest service, strategic revenue management and involvement in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage Hotel Operations
- Work with Guest Service Representatives to provide excellent guest service
- Manage departmental expenses to maximize revenue
- Assist in managing revenues to maximize revenue
Hotel Sales and Marketing
- Actively sell the hotel through impromptu site tours, reservation calls, and training the GSR’s to do the same
- Maintain strong relationships with key hotel guests and accounts
Oversee Hotel Guest Service
- Maintain and exceed Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West / Federal Center operational standards
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, federal, state, and local ordinances regarding personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations, and safety are followed
- Identify ways to lower hotel costs without impacting guest satisfaction
- Effectively manage departmental labor and cost
- Effectively manage food costs and quality
- Effectively manage performance of team to ensure effective and efficient operations
- Coordinate and train hotel team on a regular basis to improve their skills and knowledge
- Ensure property hiring and all employee practices comply with company and legal requirements and strive for a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace.
- All other duties and projects as assigned
Provide Superior Guest Service
- Maintain and improve property standards and service to ensure guest satisfaction
- Provide exceptional guest service to all hotel guests
- Ensure that hotel team provides exceptional guest service to all hotel guests
- Remain highly visible and be always readily available for guests
- Continually train and promote high levels of guest service to all hotel employees
- Regularly track and review guest satisfaction to identify areas for improvement
- Two to four years’ hotel experience
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Hilton experience is desired but not required
- Track record in achieving high guest service ratings
- Proficient in various computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other software as necessary
- Knowledge of property management systems – Experience with Hilton OnQ system a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge in a hotel service operations, employee and guest relations, front desk
- Ability to walk, stand, push, pull, bend, reach overhead and execute repetitive motions
- Pushing, bending, stooping, walking, upward reaching, manual dexterity, seeing, hearing, writing and typing
- Minimum lifting, pushing and pulling of 30 pounds
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, quickly changing environment
- Excellent guest service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management, organizational, and leadership skills are required
- Like to work with and lead team members within all departments
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that requires extended work hours, nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with guests, associates, and vendors
- Ability to accurately report information
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, and local health, safety, & legal regulations
- Ability to follow all brand and hotel policies & procedures
- Always conducts oneself professionally
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,000.00 – $48,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Our team members’ well-being is our priority. We have implemented strict cleaning guidelines and practice physical distancing. We follow all recommended guidelines from the CDC and Hilton to provide a safe, clean and comfortable environment for all.
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local laws and regulations?
- Hotel Front Desk: 2 years (Required)
- Supervisor: 1 year (Required)
- Hilton OnQ: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location