$14.77 an hour
Hotel Experience: 1 year (Required)
Night Shift (Required)
Day Shift (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Hotel Teatro is luxury boutique hotel with 110 rooms, in the heart of downtown Denver, providing outstanding hospitality service to our guests. Hotel Teatro has nearly 60 employees. Working as a team, Hotel Teatro’s employees are bright people that deliver amazing guest experience.
The primary duties of the Bell/Valet position is to be the ambassador of the hotel by anticipating the guests’ needs and exceeding the guests’ expectation by supplying a high level of service. Services include luggage handling, parking and retrieving guests’ vehicles as well as assisting the Front Desk in any manner they need.
In addition to the listed duties we are looking for someone who is a team player and willing to assist in other areas of the hotel when time allows. This includes assisting housekeeping in Houseman duties such as assisting housekeepers with linen and trash removal, hallway/public area cleanliness and stocking linen closets.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Approaches all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, professional, and service-oriented manner.
· Greets guests in a pleasant manner.
· Escorts guests to the reception desk.
· Loads and unloads luggage carts.
· Loads and unloads hotel vehicle with luggage.
· Shows guestrooms and suites as needed.
· Escorts guests to rooms if requested.
· Checks and stores luggage for arrivals and departures.
· Answers the telephone, takes appropriate messages.
· Provides information, maps, and directions as required.
· Gives directions.
· Opens and closes vehicle doors for arriving and departing guests.
· Exhibits extensive knowledge of Hotel Teatro’s facilities, amenities, and services.
· Handles guest’s requests without transferring guest calls to other areas.
· Makes manager aware of any guest’s comments or complaints.
· Performs any other job-related task as directed by the management.
· Issues valet parking tickets.
· Park and retrieve valet vehicles in a safe manner according to the Vehicle Driving Policy
· Remains posted at front door at all times.
· Facilitates line up of on-coming shift to ensure proper communication of events.
Additional Job Duties:
· Maintains current listing of local and area attractions, special events and activities.
· Maintains list of local transportation guides, churches, sport arenas, etc.
· Reports to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook and departmental rules.
· Maintains regular attendance in compliance with Hotel Teatro standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Enforces and complies with all policies and procedures for Hotel Teatro.
Physical requirements of the position include:
· Ability to work occasional long hours.
· Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently, and/ or up to 20 pounds to force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to work entire shift standing.
· Ability to drive both manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
We are a 24-hour operation and as such schedules are based on the business necessity which include but not limited to weekends, holidays and evenings. This position does require the availability to work overnight shifts as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.77 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- One location