US work authorization (Required)
Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
hotel management: 5 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Centrally located in the heart of beautiful Sonoma, right on the corner of the lively and historic Sonoma Square, the bustling activity of the plaza and nearby shops, wine tasting rooms and art galleries provide the ideal setting for this 27-room contemporary boutique hotel. The El Dorado’s cozy indoor aesthetic extends to its lush outdoor space featuring an expansive garden patio and a secluded, solar-heated saltwater pool. We offer a unique work environment that emphasizes the personal touch for our guests and a positive, professional and healthy work environment for our employees.
We are currently hiring a Hotel General Manager
The Hotel General Manager will support the hotel and restaurant’s vision, mission and culture. The Hotel General Manager is responsible for maximizing the return on investment to the owners of the property by achieving the objectives of the annual budget, annual business & marketing plan and annual strategic initiatives in guest service, employee satisfaction and profitability. Additionally, the Hotel General Manager is responsible for providing the highest quality guest service and product, a positive work environment for all employees, maintaining programs vital to the company culture. The Hotel General Manager also ensures the property complies with federal, state and local health and safety codes, company guest service, product and brand standards, including all policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
- Ability to present clear, concise and meaningful information to owners, guests, executives, managers and employees.
- Ability to coach and mentor Leadership Committee members.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and understand financial data.
- Ability to solve practical and complex problems.
- Ability to use systems and equipment including personal computer, scanner, copier, calculator, MS office, property management system, and other software/machinery as required.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and to effectively supervise others.
- Ability to travel in order toattend various meetings – location varies.
- Ability to attend Sales & Marketing calls and events – location varies, 3-4 times per year.
- 5 – 10 years progressively more responsible experience as a GM in upscale hotels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality or equivalent experience in upscale hotel environment.
- Strong aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis.
- Strong networking expertise business contacts.
- Proven expertise at successfully driving resort performance in high end luxury operations.
- Proven financial expertise, versatility and up to date with current trends of sales/marketing, food & beverage and other industry-related issues.
- Knowledge of local markets and local business contacts.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred
El Dorado Hotel is a part of Mosaic Hotel Group’s collection of award-winning, boutique hotels, and restaurants. We offer medical, dental, vision, a wellness program, and company discounts at our proprietary hotels and restaurants.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- hotel management: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location