US work authorization (Required)
Hotel or Restaurant Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Centrally located in the heart of beautiful Sonoma, right on the corner of the lively and historic Sonoma Square, the bustling activity of the plaza and nearby shops, wine tasting rooms and art galleries provide the ideal setting for this 27-room contemporary boutique hotel. The El Dorado’s cozy indoor aesthetic extends to its lush outdoor space featuring an expansive garden patio and a secluded, solar-heated saltwater pool. We offer a unique work environment that emphasizes the personal touch for our guests and a positive, professional and healthy work environment for our employees.
We are hiring a Full-Time Maintenance Technician
The Maintenance Technician will be involved for day-to-day general maintenance and repairs as it relates to buildings, premises and equipment. Responsible for overseeing building operations and services, and maintaining the appearance of the building(s), grounds, and equipment. Responsible for repairs for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, kitchen, and laundry equipment. Responsible for maintaining guest rooms, public spaces, and back of hotel areas by performing a variety of tasks related to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering, and tiling to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel and restaurant.
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail/quality control
- Demonstrates professional and political aptitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize as needed.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision.
- Ability to accurately perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to maintain professional, cooperative and pleasant relationships with colleagues
- Ability to effectively interact with guess, which in some instances will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management
- Honesty and integrity
- 2 years experience in construction/maintenance at a hotel and/or restaurant
- Ability to safely operate a variety of hand power tools.
- Basic understanding of HVAC, electrical systems, plumbing and carpentry concepts.
- Ability to work a variety of schedules (day/evening/night/weekends).
- Available to respond to emergencies when not on site.
- Knowledge of and commitment to observe safety procedures.
- Punctuality and reliable attendance.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current California driver license
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Plumbing, electrical & HVAC certifications
El Dorado Hotel is part of Mosaic Hotel Group’s collection of hotels. We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits, a wellness program, and company discounts at our proprietary restaurants and hotels.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Hotel or Restaurant Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place