Reactive Hotel Sales: 1 year (Required)
Driver’s License (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Be… an Innovator, a Motivator, a Leader, a Team Player – Most of all, Be Baywood!
With our “It’s My Pleasure!” philosophy we have become one of the Nation’s fastest growing hotel development & management companies. Get to know us at Facebook and LinkedIn and see why we believe, ‘It’s Better at Baywood!’
Join us as a Hotel Sales Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport/ Convention Center
- Minimum of 1 years sales experience in a hotel, or equivalent position, in a similar type property
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to Multi-task
- Proven record of successful Proactive Sales Effort
- Experience & Strong reputation in the business community of the local market
- Fosse Experience is a plus
Provides effective administrative and operational support to the sales office to facilitate the smooth execution of guests accommodations and meeting space at assigned property/properties.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains all marketing collateral material for the hotel.
- Daily selects show rooms and verifies status of meeting rooms for site tours.
- Meets with clients and gives site tours in the absence of the sales team leader; effectively and professionally conveys the necessary fundamentals and specific details of the sale to the client.
- Sends requested information to prospective guests inquiring about the property/surrounding area.
- Qualifies the needs of the client for sleeping rooms and meeting space (where applicable).
- Signs up for & maintains relationship with third parties online that generate leads, including but not limited to: HotelPlanner.com, BookMyGroup.com, CVB and franchise specific lead generators
- Corresponds with potential and existing clientele in person, via email and over telephone.
- Prepares and types documents for clients such as rate letters, group contracts, and other correspondence to build hotel/client relationship.
- Enters group blocks/individual reservations in property management system, collecting deposits and/or secures payment method prior to arrival.
- Coordinates assigned group activities through check-in.
- Creates & maintains group files, correspondence, reports, and other documents as required.
- Updates sales database (Sales Pro) as needed
- Monitors group pick-up and enters rooming list and/or observes cut-off dates and notifies manager of any guest request or issues that may impact guest relations
- Prepares group resumes & banquet event orders with pertinent group information and distributes to all departments
- Follows up with Guest Service Manager on rooming lists, VIP amenity delivery, changes in group booking agendas, cut off days, etc as prescribed by the Director of Sales.
- Follows up with past clients by sending out surveys and conference service evaluations.
- Attends staff meetings on a regular basis to take meeting minutes and provide administrative support for the management team.
- Performs follow-up on reports or special assignments.
- Creates fliers, mailers, certificates, etc. to promote new business.
- Actively seeks new opportunities to secure new or more group business for the hotel.
- Prepares Local Negotiated Rate agreements as directed.
- Assists in the preparation and administration of the hotels annual marketing plan
- Attends any brand required training as well as other meetings requested by the General Manager.
- Assists with front desk based on hotel needs.
- Additional duties may be added at any time at the discretion of management
Consistently models the behavior of a Baywood Ambassador who:
- Maintains a professional image, including physical appearance, verbiage, and body language, at all times to include clean uniform and nametag
- Warmly greets both guests and coworkers (using the 10/5, first & last rule) every time they come in contact
- Actively listens to guests, responding appropriately to their questions and/or concerns. Seeks guidance and/or assistance from others to ensure satisfaction
- Fosters teamwork by offering assistance to others, as needed
- Continuously monitors the surroundings at work, in order to identify any cleanliness, safety, security, or building upkeep issues. Reports discrepancies to the proper department
- Contributes to a safe work environment by following proper safety guidelines in matters of attire, utilizing protective gear, and following safety procedures
- Recommends other Baywood properties to our guests, when asked
- Consistently demonstrates our It’s My Pleasure service philosophy by identifying and seizing each golden opportunity to exceed guest expectations
- High School graduate essential
- Associate’s degree in hospitality is preferred, or a combination of vocational and on-the-job training may substitute for degree.
Certifications / Licenses:
- Must possess and maintain a Motor Vehicle Operator’s License in good standing
- 1 year previous front desk hotel experience preferred
- Brand experience preferred
- Sales Pro Experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
- Ability to work the shifts required for the position
- Ability to learn and adhere to Brand & Baywood Hotels’ standards
- Ability to learn computer systems required for the position
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines without compromising quality of work.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to take information from various sources and determine a responsible course of action
- Ability to understand interdepartmental relationships
- Walking and Standing: Frequently
- Sitting: Frequently
- Bending, Stooping, Reaching: Occasionally
- Lifting, Push/Pull: Up to 30 lbs; Occasionally
- Driving: Infrequently
- Traveling: Infrequently
- Inside: Protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Baywood Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. M/F/Vets/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Reactive Hotel Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Fosse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location