Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $21K – $26.6K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Madison, TN.
Full Job Description
Make a note of the home email address and the password that you use to complete your employment application. Should we contact you for this position, you must be able to receive emails at this home email address.
Anote la dirección de correo electrónico y la contraseña que utiliza para completar su solicitud de empleo. Si nos contactamos con usted para este puesto, debes poder recibir correos electrónicos al correo electrónico que utilizaste.
Guest Room Attendants must clean guest rooms and common areas in accordance with company standards.
I. Position Responsibilities: Essential
- Clean guest rooms according to company standard operating procedures
- Remove trash and miscellaneous debris from guest rooms and surrounding areas
- Ensure all areas of hotel are up to company standards even if not assigned cleaning area
- Clean bath area including: tub, toilet, sinks, walls, lights, removing and replacing bath linens
- Clean kitchen and dining area including: refrigerator, microwave, sink, counters, cabinets, and tables
- Clean floors by vacuuming and washing floors according to standard operating procedures
- Maintain all furnishings by dusting and polishing furniture and appliances
- Maintain outside of room appearance by cleaning siding, A/C grill, doors, and windows
- Notify Head Guest Room Attendant of room readiness
- Keep supplies ready by restocking housekeeping cart at the end of shift
- Operate housekeeping equipment by following standard operating procedures
- Notify supervisor immediately of any safety and/or security violations of policy
- Notify supervisor immediately of any guest concerns
- Maintain superior customer service when interacting with guest
II. Essential Skills/Credentials/Experience/Education
- Possess good knowledge of housekeeping/laundry standard operating procedures and techniques
- Ability to follow instructions, directions and meet deadlines
- Ability to clean a minimum required rooms per shift
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extend arms overhead when performing cleaning tasks and the ability to stoop, bend and squat
- Ability to step in and perform a variety of housekeeping/laundry positions in response to business needs
- Ability to visually inspect guest rooms, public areas, service areas, etc. for quality in cleanliness and presentation
- Ability to manage multiple activities often in stressful situations and with time constraints
III. Preferred Skills/Credentials/Experience/Education
- Experience levels required may vary based on the size, volume and character of hotel
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to high school diploma
- Any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Minimum 1-year housekeeping experience with proven skill and performance or 6 months’ supervisory experience in rooms division or related position
IV. Mental and Physical Demands
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- This position is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Indoor work with hard and carpeted surfaces
- Standing for eight (8) hour shifts
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions, cold and heat
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by managers/supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent an expressed or implied contract of employment nor does it alter your at-will employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Posted 21 days ago