Full Job Description
What is the opportunity?
We are looking for a well versed HR Specialist & Administrative Assistant to help plan programs and processes designed to improve employee welfare. They will support managing payroll, expense programs through Expensify, and platforms such as Charthop, and Greenhouse to maintain vital employee records and ensure the smooth operation of the HR department and the employee experience.
We are looking for a results-driven person who thrives in a fast-paced environment, believes in our vision, and lives by our values. If you have high emotional intelligence, a passion for supporting internal employees, and want to be a part of building something incredible, we want to talk to you!
ONEHOPE is a Napa Valley Winery built on hope and rooted in purpose. Through our technology we enable a purpose-driven community of 10,000+ “Cause Entrepreneurs” to join us on our mission to share wine and give hope through wine tasting experiences nationwide (most are virtual currently). The Cause Entrepreneur opportunity is at the perfect intersection of “gig economy” and “work from home” and is well suited for the current unique environment we live in. As a Cause Entrepreneur, we give anyone the necessary tools to build a cause-centric business on their own terms.
To date we’ve donated over $7M to partner non-profits and through wine sponsorships and thousands of events held we’ve helped nonprofit organizations raise tens of millions more for other meaningful causes. Our award-winning wines are produced by winemaker Mari Wells Coyle in collaboration with other great winemakers including Rob Mondavi Jr. Our Estate vineyard and winery is in the heart of Napa Valley. Since launching in 2007, ONEHOPE has grown from a public storage unit to one of the top 250 wineries of 10,000+ in the US. We aim to be the largest direct to consumer wine brand in the nation by 2022.
ONEHOPE is diverse in gender and thought; over 60% of the employees are women and over 35% associating with a minority race. Over 99% of Cause Entrepreneurs are women and over 50% are moms.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage & Develop content for the employee life cycle. Work with department heads on assisting in the development of policies and procedures for each of the below:
- Recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training, and coordinating exit process for departing employees.
- Distribute, complete, and process paperwork for new hires.
- Responsible for welcoming and onboarding new employees, as well as managing employee records and relations.
- Conduct new hire orientation and benefits orientation to build a strong foundation for new employees and increase employee engagement.
- Coach management and teams to promote and facilitate career growth and development.
- Manage platforms such as Charthop, and Greenhouse to maintain vital employee records and ensure the smooth operation of the HR department and the employee experience.
- Support managing payroll, and expense programs through Expensify.
- Administer employee benefits.
- Work with employees to answer benefits questions and assist in processing life events and open enrollment elections.
- Respond to inquiries to HR@onehopewine.com and escalate to the proper channel.
- Create written content to educate on all HR topics. Circulate to department heads and internally.
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership to come up with solutions to making the employee experience better and more productive and improve employee welfare.
- Take ownership of additional tasks not listed here to support vital growth and development of the organization.
What we’re looking for:
- Unwavering integrity and strong character.
- A love and a genuine desire to help people succeed.
- High emotional intelligence.
- 1+ years in an HR role.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a passion for teaching & learning.
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt quickly to change.
- An exemplary work ethic, a “get it done” attitude and high personal accountability.
- Stellar organizational and prioritization skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively.
- Demonstrated success in other demanding environments.
- A team player with a desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
What’s In It For You:
- A best in class team and company culture
- A fun, but very hard-working and dedicated environment
- Health benefits
- 401k Matching Program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Company Happy Hours
- Casual dress code
- Family-Friendly Workplace
- Remote / WFH Office Setting
Sound Like a Good Fit?
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter
- Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.