Full Job Description
KITCHEN SUPERVISOR, OPPORTUNITY IS FULL TIME & BENEFITS PAY: DOE / DOQ
Oakland’s Adult Rehabilitation Center, a 131 bed residential facility, is looking for a Kitchen Supervisor to join our dynamic team. This position is responsible for cooking, menu planning, budgeting, and overall operation of the kitchen.
This position supervises 5 to 8 clients in Work-Therapy Assignments.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with institutional/restaurant cooking with management responsibilities preferred
- Must hold valid California driver’s license
- Ability to stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in an environment of varying temperatures
- Ability to read, interpret and follow recipes
- Ability to smell and taste to determine freshness and proper seasoning
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Schedule kitchen workload to allow for timely meal preparation, serving and clean- up.
- Train and supervise kitchen WTA’s on proper cooking techniques in the preparation of meals.
- Train and supervise kitchen personnel on food safety, work safety and kitchen sanitation. Assure that proper kitchen sanitation standards are maintained.
- Assure that kitchen equipment is maintained in good working condition, scheduling preventative maintenance repairs and emergency repairs as needed.
- Perform weekly inventory of all unused items and rotate stock to ensure freshness.
- Order food consistent with nutritional considerations and within budget restrictions.
- Develop and maintain vendor relations with multiple suppliers including the local Food Bank.
- Work with the Administrator for Program for daily menu planning and special events.
- Responsible for buffet decorations and display for special events.
- Consult with professional staff as necessary concerning beneficiary services.
- Keep Resident Manager and Administrator for Program informed as to manpower needs.
- Assure that established personnel policies and directives (smoking regulation, lunch break times, etc.) are followed by all assigned personnel (beneficiaries and employees) and disciplinary/corrective measures are taken when necessary.
- Assure that safety measures are established and maintained consistently according to TSA Policy and governmental regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality as needed and required for operation of program.
- Keeping the kitchen areas up to County inspection standards.
- Overtime: All overtime must have the written approval of the Administrator for Program.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Administrator.
Posted 30+ days ago