Up to $16 an hour
Full Job Description
Independence Village of Fishers East
Text “IVFERM” to 317-666-8252 to apply
The Lead Server will ensure efficient restaurant operation and maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards. Supervise and coordinate activities of dining room personnel to provide timely and courteous service to our residents and guest by performing the following duties.
- Associates degree or equivalent; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Fine dining experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply good judgment in understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Maintains a high energy level and is a self-motivator
- Carries incredibly high standards in their work
- Staffing responsibilities including: Interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, and scheduling.
- Schedule dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
- Greets guests, escorts them to tables, and provides menus.
- The Restaurant Manager handles and fixes all complaints to insure a great dining experience for residents and guests.
- Assigns work tasks and coordinates activities of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons.
- Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness.
- Inventories table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations.
- Trains dining room employees in proper service etiquette.
- Work toward continual improvement of the overall organization.
Connecting Seniors, Families and Communities
For over 37 years, our senior living communities have served seniors and their families across Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, and Tennessee, with each location offering unique services including independent, enhanced, and assisted living, as well as memory care and rehabilitation and skilled nursing. Through forming authentic connections and committing to creating the absolute best experiences each day for our residents and their families, we’ve created a special culture within our communities that allows our employees to do their best work and our residents to shine every day.
Not Just Making Every Day Great. Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in every single day. We aspire to make each one of them an exceptional moment. This philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars: Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back & Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational yet unattainable goal of creating the absolute best experience with every person, in every interaction, every minute of every day.
It begins with empowering our employees. Every employee, at every level of the company, is expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other above everything else. No one here just “does their job” The mission is to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting people first has helped us successfully grow for the right reasons.
We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true happiness is only found in the service of others. We want high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the biggest ideas.
If you love serving others, and are looking for an opportunity to thrive, CommonSail Investment Group and our businesses is your destination.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on glassdoor to see our employee testimonials
Posted 30+ days ago