Position: Wine & Spirits
Job Location: Connecticut
Industry Category: Sales
Company Name: Murphy Distributors
Type of Work: Full Time
Murphy Distributors seeks a Sales Representative for a current High Profile territory in the state of Connecticut, that we can train and implement into the current sales reps role and position as they move to a different division within the company.
Our portfolio consists of a variety of domestic and international wines and artisan spirits in all price points. Our customers are restaurants, wine bars, and independent retailers. We offer our employees the training and support they need to be successful in this position with room for rapid growth; however hard-work, dedication and the ability to provide excellent service to customers are essential qualities applicants must possess. Please review additional requirements listed below.
• Provide outstanding customer service and informative wine presentations to customers through regular service calls.
• Management of a sales territory
• Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers and increase distribution of products.
• Execution and achievement of specific focus goals within the territory on a monthly and annual basis.
• Target appropriate accounts for maintaining and expanding key distribution.
• Full benefits! Supplemental Dental & Vision, 401(k), Term Life Insurance and more!
Skills & Qualifications:
• Must have a positive attitude, provide excellent customer service and follow-up
• Must have a passion for food & wine, additional training and education will be taught on the job
• Must be energetic, self-starter, self-disciplined and responsible
• College Degree
• Certifications in wine education are a plus
• Sales or industry related experience are a requirement
• 5+ years of experience in sales
• Reliable transportation to service the sales territory
• Vehicle insurance coverage that meets with CT’s minimum requirement
• Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary (possible 40-60 hour work weeks)
• Must be able to walk, bend, reach and lift
• Able to carry about 40 pounds (case) from time to time
Salary Information – competitive
About Murphy Distributors
Murphy is a Fine Wine, Spirits & Beer distributor located in South Central Connecticut, located directly off I-95, between Boston and New York. Our accountable, customer centric company has been building brands in an exclusive franchise state since its inception in 2008, while delivering exceptional results to our suppliers quickly and efficiently. Our team is composed of sommelier certificate holders, mixologists, and an award-winning executive branch that brings a commitment to professionalism and service unequaled in the industry.
Murphy Distributors was founded with a vision of becoming the first choice for Connecticut businesses looking to enhance their success and brand image. That vision channels Murphy Distributors’ enthusiasm and knowledge for its products, fuels its energy for its business and drives it to be flexible and dependable for its clients.
Murphy Distributors leverages its strong customer relationships and solid reputation to place and grow traditional and emerging supplier brands in key Connecticut accounts. Specialists work tirelessly on brand development, marketing and the ability to tie product, market and community trends together. The Murphy Distributors team is constantly looking for new ways to make a distinctive mark on Connecticut’s beverage industry.