Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $39.4K – $49.8K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Rochester, NY.
Full Job Description
Finance & Administration
Detailed Job Description
Anticipated Hours TBD
- Responsible to all customers and co-workers to provide excellent service in a friendly, sincere and courteous manner. Work closely with the manager to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Assists member of dining team for conferring with customers to determine their meal preferences, specifications, food allergies, and dietary restrictions.
- Meet with clients regularly to ensure full compliance with their needs according to preferences and dietary restrictions.
- Work with Registered Dietitian and Corporate Executive Chef to identify new allergen free products that can better serve our campus community as a whole
- Work closely with registered dietitian and Gracie’s leadership on successful planning, production and service of daily allergen meals.
- Act as a departmental liaison RIT Dining staff to use a resource for Allergen meal production and planning and for any and all members of the RIT community who are looking for allergen sensitive meals.
- Possess an awareness and extensive knowledge of “The Big Nine” of allergens, food sensitivities and dietetic restrictions. Show a willingness to work with the customer and management in resolving potential diet limitations of the customer.
- Inspecting meal ingredients before making purchases to ensure the food safety and that they are of the highest quality.
- Appropriately packaging and labeling prepared meals that are to be consumed at a later date.
- Providing customers with written or verbal instructions on how to heat meals.
- Ensures cleanliness, sanitation and safety of unit and equipment as well as proper storage, rotation and labeling of items. Ensures that all foods are high in quality, served and stored at proper temperatures and times.
- Assists culinary leadership in planning requisition food supplies from storage, and shopping for specialty ingredients
- Assist in testing new allergen recipes as requested by management staff in the production units.
- Other duties as assigned
About RIT Dining
RIT Dining supports all meal plans both on campus and at select off campus locations. We are looking for a high energy team member that enjoys working in a busy environment serving customers. The successful candidate will need to be able to work with a diverse student work force which may include of deaf / hard of hearing, and internationals students. Hours would change for breaks, intersession and summer semester. This position may support serving from 1500 to over 3000 customers (faculty, staff and students) in any one location on a daily basis.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years experience in a high volume restaurant, country club, or institutional setting.
- Experience with a variety of food service applications and computerized menu management systems.
- Experience coordinating kitchen activities.
- Servsafe certified or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Allertain certified or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Must successfully complete Personal Allergen Chef culinary skills test.
Employment Category: Fulltime
Staff Job Function:
Wage Band: 114H
How to Apply
The direct link to this posting can be found here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/
Rochester Institute of Technology, the 10th largest private university in the U.S., is among the worlds leading technological universities. Its 18,000 undergraduate and graduate students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries are enrolled in over 200 academic programs, including 7 interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs. A pioneer in experiential education, RIT was the first to offer undergraduate degree programs in biotechnology, information technology, software engineering, and microelectronic engineering. As home to the National Technical Institute for the Deaf, the university offers unparalleled academic opportunities and services for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Founded in 1829, RIT has 115,000 alumni throughout the United States and around the world. RIT has been named by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the “Great Colleges to Work For.” RIT is a National Science Foundation ADVANCE Institutional Transformation site, and is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples through the Upstate NY Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. For more information, visit
As a member of the RIT community employees receive a well-balanced benefits package that offers a variety of choices and access to additional employment advantages. These benefits, combined with an employees pay, provide a total compensation package that can be tailored to meet your needs. More on RITs Benefits, Health & Wellness program can be found at:
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Govjeid-1598c5326241154cb9a8162c6b39e6c4
Posted 20 days ago