Directly Reports to: Abbot’s Passage Chef
Classification: Non- Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine kitchen tasks.
- Follow the prep list created to plan duties.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and other meal prep.
- Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
- Undertake basic cooking duties, such as reducing sauces and parboiling food.
- Prepare simple dishes, such as salads and entrees.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, and taking out trash.
- Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
Prep Cook Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques
- Organizational skills
- Manual dexterity
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable
- Training from a culinary school is an asset
- Proven experience as a prep cook
Bundschu Company offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical and dental. Bundschu Co. covers the majority of cost for employees and dependents. Other benefits include 401(k) with discretionary company match, vision insurance, FSA and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, time off for volunteer opportunities, time-off for your birthday, wine and merchandise discounts and many more!