Full Job Description
The outlined position in this job description may be re-evaluated at a later time. Accepting/applying for this position you understand that the compensation range associated with this position may change.
Created in 1978 by Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Robert Mondavi, Opus One remains committed to realizing our founders’ dream of bringing to life one unique wine that expresses the seamlessly blended personality and character of each family. With a great sense of pride in our work to realize this dream, the people of Opus One bring profound dedication and unsurpassed attention to detail in our daily work. We care deeply for the quality of our relationships within the winery, with our trade partners, and with our customers.
In keeping with our Founders’ expectations for excellence and to provide the highest level of customer care, the Private Client Specialist assists the Direct Marketing Manager with the enhancement and growth of Opus One’s invitation only Membership Program and the domestic and international ecommerce businesses for Opus One. The Private Client Specialist will offer outstanding hospitality and customer care and create lasting relationships with special guests as a personal concierge, offering each a consistent, timely, personalized, and genuine experience whether acquiring Opus One, or planning their visit to the Napa Valley and to Opus One winery. Primary responsibility includes building relationships with Private Clients and members, whether in person, via phone or email. In addition, this individual will assist the Direct Marketing Manager in executing bi-annual allocation shipments and developing programs to build loyalty, enrich member benefits and maximize retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Key Customer Relations (Members, Distinguished Clients and Patrons)
- As the primary contact for Members, the Private Client Specialist establishes themselves as a personal contact and concierge at the winery; available to assist with planning visits, answering questions about specific vintages and special formats, membership, benefits, events, assisting with acquisitions, gifting, and fulfilling special requests.
- Develops and maintain close relationships with all high-profile guests of Opus One.
- Responsible for correspondence with current and potential members, tracking insights, interests, and interactions in CRM system with precision and accuracy and ensuring that their contact information is current.
- Acts as liaison between Private Clients, Members, Sr. Management (as appropriate) and the hospitality team by offering, booking, and following-up on reservations or special experiences at the winery.
- Invites Private Clients and Members to events, both local, and in-market; offers special access to new and special vintage releases in a bespoke manner.
- Hosts members at the winery and at winery events as well as select in market events.
- Builds and maintains relationships with restaurants, hotels, and wineries in Napa Valley.
Membership Allocation Planning, Execution, Order Processing & Member Service
- In collaboration with the Direct Marketing Manager, organizes and executes bi-annual member allocation utilizing Commerce7, ShipCompliant and CRM. This includes planning, exceptions, patron correspondence, Commerce7 set up, execution, weather holds, pick up, returns and reships, and shipping wines not picked up. Proactively follows up to ensure successful delivery of wines and patron satisfaction.
- Primary contact for membership inquiry, changes to allocations, special offers, billing and shipping information – responding in a gracious and timely manner.
- In collaboration with Direct Marketing Manager, develops programs to build loyalty, enrich benefits and minimize attrition – including post-visit follow-up activities and collateral, gift development, and maintaining a CRM digital footprint of all customer touch points.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Public Relations, Direct Marketing Manager and the Special Events Supervisor, helps coordinate various aspects of Opus One’s Member and Patrons’ events, including quarterly Chef’s dinners, Sunsets on the Veranda, and private and small group visits to the winery. Manages member RSVPs and dietary restriction details.
- Supports the Direct Marketing Manager and Customer Service Specialist for order processing, customer service issue resolution and gift cards during peak periods including October, November, and December and for corporate gifting programs.
- Assists in coordination of direct marketing campaigns and holiday gifting.
- Creates and updates Private Client and Member records in company CRM system and assists with data cleaning.
- Thursday – Monday, flexibility of schedule including holidays and evenings
- Maintain, update, and expand knowledge of viticulture and enology by participating in educational trainings offered by Opus One and by outside sources.
- Speak knowledgeably about all Opus One representatives, distributors, retailers, and vintages offered for sale at the winery or anywhere in the world, knowing details about Opus One or related merchandise to better assist trade guests with their understanding and appreciation of the wine.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Three to five (3-5) years’ experience working at an exclusive winery, hotel, or restaurant; experience working as member relations, a luxury concierge or in VIP services; experience working in luxury retail and with ultra-high net-worth customers. Strong personal network of contacts at wineries, hotels, and restaurants within Napa Valley and experience travelling domestically and internationally preferred. Comprehensive wine knowledge; strong retail sales/public relations skills and experience; understanding, desire, and ability to represent Opus One so as best to promote its wines and image; foreign language skills (French, German, Japanese, Chinese, or Spanish) preferred; college degree or college level coursework preferred; knowledge of viticulture, winemaking, wine marketing, and/or wine tasting preferred.
Computer skills include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, 50 WPM typing, and a working understanding of Commerce7, ShipCompliant, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft teams, and MailChimp preferred. Comfortable learning new systems.
Excellent command of written and spoken English with polished presentation skills. Outgoing and positive personality; sensitivity to inter-personal and professional etiquette; and poised under pressure . Self-starter with drive for success and outstanding attention to detail. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, talk or hear, taste or smell. The employee must have the ability to taste, discriminate and describe on a blind basis a wide range of wines and foods and must have the ability to speak without amplification for a minimum of 4 hours. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
COMMITTMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
Opus One Winery is committed to doing its part to ensure a sustainable future and improve the environmental well-being of our community. We will continue to ensure minimal impact by continually evaluating our environmental performance and working to improve our program whenever necessary with integrity and purity of focus.
SAFETY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accident prevention shall be considered of primary importance in all phases of job responsibilities.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including job safety, safety rules and regulations.
- Assist management to provide safe and healthy working conditions at all times.
- Immediately report all unsafe conditions, work-related accidents, and illnesses to Safety Manager and supervisor.