$17 – $22 an hour
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Professional Ala Carte Server
Saint Louis, Missouri
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Glen Echo Country Club is looking for a hospitality professional with a passion for the art of presentation to join our team as a Fine Dining Server. Our ideal candidate is a well-spoken individual who is knowledgeable about both our style and our cuisine. You should pride yourself on flawless execution, as you may assist with plating in addition to providing exceptional table service to our customers and maintaining table appearance. While we do not require experience with cocktail and wine service, all applicants must have prior experience in upscale food service, preferably in a fine dining environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Include the following, and other duties may be assigned:
- Maintaining GECC service standards and expectations.
- Responsible for having a strong food knowledge base.
- Responsible for possessing clear knowledge of all various liquors, beer, and wines available by the Club.
- Complete and comprehensive knowledge of the menu is mandatory, including daily features and specials that may not be available directly on the menu.
- Responsible for the service of food and beverage to members and guests.
- Know member names and greet them promptly in a manner to provide a warm welcome and making them feel at home.
- Must be able to interact with members and guests professionally, helping them with changes and last-minute requests as needed.
- Notify supervisor of member/guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recovery, any complaints as soon as possible.
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments and side work are completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards (i.e., orderly, organized, and sanitary work areas with fully stock containers and supplies at all times, etc.)
- Assist fellow Food and Beverage Team, maintaining a team environment and participating as a member of the team.
- Responsible for the completion of additional duties as assigned periodically by Club Leadership.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Passionate about food.
- Minimum of two-year experience in an upscale or formal dining environment.
- Strong knowledge of wine, beer, and spirits is required.
- Previous knowledge of touch screen POS systems.
- Strong communication skills and possess a positive attitude and be a problem solver.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Food provided
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Casual dining restaurant
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint Louis, MO 63121: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 67%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 4 days ago