Full Job Description
JOB SUMMARY: The Engineering Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of capital projects across multiple sites within The Duckhorn Portfolio. This role will manage a variety of projects supporting all aspects of company operations, including retail/hospitality, winemaking, bottling/packaging, and vineyards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and oversee all aspects of capital projects to ensure they are completed on-time and within budget.
- Manage project teams, including internal subject-matter experts, external consultants, and contractors.
- Collaborate with various department stakeholders to conceive projects that achieve the strategic goals of the organization, with an emphasis on improving safety, quality, operational costs and reducing risk.
- Provide field-level oversight of construction activities.
- Estimate future project costs to assist in capital expenditure planning.
- Establish project management standards and processes to achieve best in class performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Project Management, Architecture, or related fields
- 5+ years of project and/or construction management experience
- Excellent communication skills – both formal and informal, with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong computer application skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to assemble and manage effective teams
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs
- Ability to drive a car
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods at a time
- Ability to pull, push, kneel, bend, and reach
- Ability to work extended shifts as necessary
- Ability to travel and stay overnight as necessary
The Duckhorn Portfolio is North America’s premier luxury wine company, with ten renowned wineries, eight state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, seven beautiful tasting rooms and more than 800 coveted acres of vineyards spanning 22 sustainably farmed Estate properties. Established in 1976, when legendary vintners Dan and Margaret Duckhorn founded Napa Valley’s iconic Duckhorn Vineyards, today, our portfolio features some of North America’s most revered wineries, including Decoy, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, Kosta Browne, Greenwing and Postmark. Our 400+ uniquely passionate and well-tenured employees typically join us for our employee-centric culture and industry-leading benefits and stay for the dynamic colleagues, fast-paced environment, and career development. We offer a curated and comprehensive portfolio of acclaimed luxury wines with price points ranging from $20 to $200 across more than 15 varietals and 25 appellations. Our wines are available throughout the United States, on five continents, and in more than 50 countries around the world.
Job Type: Full-time