Full Job Description
Restauarant Sous Chef for Shore House, the hotel’s newest concept. Great opportunity for a chef looking to grow within a modern space that is a seaside haven for foodies.
As our Restaurant Sous Chef, you will be responsible for training, overseeing and coordinating all chefs’ staff in order to prepare, cook and present food according to hotel standard recipes.
What will I be doing?
Assists with training, assigning duties and supervision of the kitchen staff during the preparation, cooking and garnishment of food items.
Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature-setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
Adheres to control procedures for cost and quality.
Assists in menu planning activities.
Assists in scheduling culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
Supervises daily cleaning of walk-in and reach-in boxes for safety reasons.
Maintains vacation schedule for proper staffing.
Reports any equipment in need of repair to chef and engineering, for service.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Memembers are the heart of it all!
The Benefits– Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) – purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education: Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
- Please note, benefits may vary depending on the classification and union status of the position.
Posted 5 days ago