Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $21.4K – $27K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
To deliver and serve food and/or beverage items in a friendly, courteous, and timely manner resulting in guest satisfaction.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Supplement Insurance
- Employee Discount Program
- 401K Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Holidays)
- Free Employee Parking
- Free Employee Shift Meals
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Award Program (Lago Mar Five Star)
- Referral Program
- Set up room service trays and tables in anticipation of incoming orders.
always Keeping area clean.
- Retrieve check from order taker and place order with kitchen. When picking up, be certain that order is complete, i.e., all food, beverages, alcoholic beverages, and all condiments.
- Carry trays up to 30 lbs. or push wheeled carts to deliver room service orders to guests in a friendly, timely and courteous manner to ensure guest satisfaction. After setting up, present check.
- Assist bus-persons in removing trays and tables from guest floors and returning them to designated locations.
- Prepare complimentary fruit baskets and deliver to guest rooms.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Perform all assigned side-work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side-stands.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guest to ensure all laws are being followed.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service-ware and menu items.
- Ability to read, speak and write the English language in order to communicate with guests.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. on a continuous basis.
- Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain: any government-required licenses or certificates.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace Lago Mar Beach Resort is a 24 hour/7 day a week operation. All positions currently posted require flexible days, weekends, and holiday availability to meet the business needs.
Posted 30+ days ago