Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $20.7K – $26.3K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Nashville, TN.
Job Description Did you know Party Fowl is Nashville’s first full-service hot chicken restaurant? Here, hot chicken isn’t just a menu item; it’s an experience. We offer a contemporary, chef-inspired southern concept that puts the fun into classic favorites. OK, so we can hold our own with the white tablecloth set, but still know how to serve up good old-fashioned chicken tenders.
As a Server Assistant, you may be the first person our guests meet when they walk through our door! You are the one who makes our first impression and sets the tone for how our guests feel about their experience at Party Fowl. Our expectations for service are high—really high! We believe that what sets us apart from our competitors is our great service and the friendly faces that serve our guests, all while eating some of the best food in Nashville. We are looking for Server Assistants who know how to create a great experience for our customers. You support other restaurant staff members by cleaning, clearing and setting tables for guests, stocking supplies, and helping guests. To succeed in this role, you need strong customer service skills, a positive team oriented personality and the ability work well under pressure pressure with other staff. Previous work experience involving customer service in a fast-paced environment is a plus.
Server Assistant responsibilities
- Greet guests as they enter, and add them to a wait list as necessary.
- Provide guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seat guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assign guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
- Answer telephone.
- Process takeout orders.
- Engage with guests to ensure they’re happy with the food and service.
- Answer phone calls, take reservations and answer questions.
- Know the menu and help process online orders through our partner vendors.
- Help out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Maintain & clean bathrooms
- Maintain & organize retail area.
- Provide great customer service. Work with servers and other staff to create a positive dining experience for guests.
- Acknowledge guests and answer questions.
- Alert servers when tables are in need of attention.
- Clean tables and remove dishes after the party leaves.
- Carry dish tubs to the dishwasher to be cleaned and help dishwasher as needed.
- Make sure clean dishes, flatware, glasses, straws, napkins, and other dining materials are available as needed.
- Be able to remain focused and on-task during busy hours.
Server Assistant Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to provide top-notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food when necessary.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able use a point-of-sale system and a tablet to access emails and process reservations.
- Able to work in a busy restaurant environment.
- Strong team player willing to jump in and help wherever needed.
- Previous restaurant experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds or more.
- Availability to work evenings and on weekends, including holidays.
Posted 30+ days ago