Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $15.9K – $20.1K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Wesley Chapel, FL.
Full Job Description
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Variable Hour; Non-Exempt
To provide the most memorable experience, through fun, memories, connections, and of course, the best BBQ ever!
Essential Duties (may include, but not limited to)
OK…well here’s the rub…Our servers don’t just “serve”..They make the magic happen! They spend the most one-on-one time with our guests with one goal…and it’s not just making sure a guest’s order is right. They are memory makers who take the time to not just serve food, but to know what really make our guests tick. They ensure out-of-this-world BBQ experiences, dusted with southern flair to keep our guests craving for more. Sure we got the details covered, to be a Sonny’s server we want to make sure you know the basics: timely service; pre-bussing tables to maintain a clean restaurant; stocking service areas with supplies such as coffee, tea, ice, etc. Again, our servers go a level above that…Our servers create authentic, Sonny’s experiences that are slathered in southern hospitality.
Think you have what it takes? Read on to make sure we are describing you:
- You are passionate about BBQ and love working with people.
- You love having a good time, doing the coolest stuff, and making sure those around you have fun too.
- You’re a hard worker who is honest and, well, just plain chooses to do the right thing…always.
- You always put others first. Selfish definitely does not describe you!
- You are a glass-half-full, silver-linings kind of person…this means you have a positive attitude..nice!
- You are full of smiles, and you love to keep people chuckling!
- You love paying attention to detail and are determined to getting your job done faster than anyone else.
- You’re so good at multi-tasking that you mark things off your to-do list three at a time..and learning new things really keeps you going!
- You keep your cool when things really start to hit the fan.
- You can be here when we need you; in other words, you have and can maintain a flexible schedule.
- You can attend and successfully complete any ongoing training or certification programs required by the company, federally, or by the state as it relates to this position. OK, they can’t all be fun.
Required Skills and Experience
- Been there, done that – Related experience and/or training in the restaurant industry.
- Plays well with others and lends an ear when needed – Strong interpersonal skills.
- Didn’t do so badly in school either!- Basic reading, writing, and mathematical skills.
- You don’t have to be a gamer…but basic computer skills are needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Physical Demands and Work Environment (so you know what you are getting into)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any FOH Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FOH Team Members are regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time, handle products and tools, paperwork and equipment, and communicate effectively with other Team Members, including speaking and listening. The job requires continuously bending, reaching, crouching, touching, feeling, tasting, talking, hearing, wiping, smelling, and inhaling smoke from a wood-burning cooker. Sonny’s is a fast paced environment and requires constant human interaction and movement.
FOH Team Members regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
While performing the duties of the job, team members regularly work with or near moving mechanical parts. FOH Team Members may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and are required to work with cleaning chemicals. Frequent washing of the hands is required. FOH Team Members may be exposed to temperatures between 0F and 100F. As a FOH Team Member, you must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the job for up to an 8-hour shift.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
They are not intended to be construed as a detailed list of all responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $7.00 – $11.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wesley Chapel, FL 33544: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 89%
Hiring 5 candidates for this role
Employer reviewed job 2 days ago
Posted 7 days ago